Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S21 dual esim does not work

(Topic created on: 05-02-2023 09:39 AM)
sekito
Journeyman
Options

I have a primary number which I use for most items. I have a secondary number which I use only for banking and only my banks know this number.

My primary number is on a physical SIM in my Samsung Galaxy S21 and has been working for a long time. I decided to move my secondary number onto the eSIM on my Samsung Galaxy S21.

I found that the eSIM does not actually work as dual SIM.

* my physical SIM continues to work I can make and receive calls I can send and receive SMS

* my secondary number with eSIM can make calls.

* esim can sometimes receive calls and other times says it is out of range or turned off. I'd say this is only using test calls and standing near the other person calling, but 8/10 times I cannot receive calls despite LTE2 and 3/4 bars full.

* sometimes the call comes through and you can't pick it up, it just pauses for 2-3s and cuts off.

* esim cannot receive SMS at all.  Nothing will come through even after half an hour. But if you disable the primary SIM in the settings-> SIM manager then disable and reenable esim then it will work

In conclusion Samsung Galaxy S21 is not a dual sim device.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
sekito
Journeyman
Options

Seems there's issues for years.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/dual-sim-not-working-no-network-issue-since-au...

As usual Samsung doesn't work. After a top range 4k tv failing after 2yrs, this. Well.

0 Likes
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
I always thought one couldn't use an esim and normal sim at the same time on Samsung phones. You can only toggle between the two.
PMQ
First Poster
Options

OMG. I think I'm only person in this problem.

Last week, after newly update, esim and physical sim weren't worked normally. One of them would be out of signal. Not depend on 4G on/off.

To solve, I've to move a sim to another phone. I don't know it could be occured in 2 physical SIM or how long to fix by SS.

sekito
Journeyman
Options

I tried a few times. The esim goes to sleep. Once asleep, you can't call it, like phone is off. But physical sim doesn't sleep.

If you use either sim, or someone calls the physical sim, the esim wakes up, then suddenly esim can receive call/sms.

Zeca Pipocas
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same problem on my S21.

Dual sim used to work perfectly and now people complain they can't call me (number not available) and I can only receive sms from my esim while making calls with the esim.

Any solutions?

0 Likes
sekito
Journeyman
Options

Tested on Galaxy S20 Series also. The S20 has esim as primary.

When calling it from another phone, I found the physical SIM rings right away, while the esim takes 4 rings on the caller before the S20 rings.

There's definitely something very wrong with esim. I've sent many system logs, 100-500mb each. And no idea from them.

0 Likes
sekito
Journeyman
Options

Tested on Galaxy S20+, which has sim as primary. It has a similar problem as above.

When changing from sim to esim as primary, suddenly a whole bunch of sms for the esim came crashing through.

As you can see from all the messages here and reddit and elsewhere, it's a constant problem from S20 to S22 series.

0 Likes