Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung galaxy 21 Ultra not going sleep when Double tap

(Topic created on: 02-02-2021 08:50 AM)
Animallover20
Navigator
Options
Hi there, 

I've just received my S21 Ultra on Sunday and I've just noticed that when you Double tap on a empty space on homescreen it doesn't put it to sleep as it should do. 
Wondering if anyone has this problem as videos on YouTube shows it does when Double tap is used. 
Thanks in advance 
Lyn 
0 Likes

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Since I have too much time on my hands 😀 I did a Google search out of interest and found a couple of things others have tried which worked for them :

Settings - Accessibility- Visibility Enhancement - make sure Magnification and Magnify Window are turned off
- then do a restart of the phone - hold power key for power menu and tap restart

Also someone said it worked if they triple tapped - then thereafter worked with double tap !
Also just have a look at all your accessibility settings etc to see if can see anything that might be conflicting with it
Seems different things for different people

Don't know if these will help but probably more suggestions to be found if you Google it
Good luck - hope you get it figured - is so annoying when get these sort of things not working !

View solution in context

Solution
Animallover20
Navigator
Options
Oohhh wow! that has fixed it , did what you suggest and its done it, it was the Magnification turned on , I did wonder why I had that happening when I did the tapping , and it does that on my S10+ and didn't know you can turn it off , so yes that's what's stopped the Double Tapping working 😃 i can't thank you enough for Googling that for me , I did Google but couldn't find anything that suggests whats causing it, but thank you so much for that 😃

View solution in context

26 REPLIES 26
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Have you set it to turn off in the settings?

go settings and search for double tap .
0 Likes
Rfcwolverine
Pioneer
Options
hey I didn't even realise you could do that and I tried it and mine works

Follow these steps

Go to settings
Then click on advanced features
Then click on motion and gesture
the option is there to turn it on with double tap and to switch it off with double tap

Hope this helps

STAY SAFE
Animallover20
Navigator
Options
oh I meant to say I've got that turned on , both for Double tap to put to sleep and wake up
0 Likes
Animallover20
Navigator
Options
hi, yes I've got it turned on in both options, this is annoying me now as I've paid outright for the phone 😒
0 Likes
Rfcwolverine
Pioneer
Options
where about r u tapping on the screen are u tapping where there is not any apps etc

thats where I tap where it work etc

Screenshot_20210202-091922_One UI Home_1277.jpg

0 Likes
Rfcwolverine
Pioneer
Options
try turning them both off and restart ure phone then switch them bk on see if that works if not I am not sure

STAY SAFE
0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Have you got any widgets on your screen ? If so make sure you're not double tapping on an apparently " empty " space within the borders of a widget
0 Likes
Animallover20
Navigator
Options
I'm tapping wheres a empty space , tried turning off settings and turning off phone and back on again and still the same 😏
0 Likes
Animallover20
Navigator
Options
yes I have but I've tapped wheres there no widgets and even removed them but still the same, its strange as I've seen in YouTube its supposed to work and the person above says his works and he didn't know about it 😬
0 Likes