Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung finally responds to Exynos S21U lense issue... [you won't like it]

(Topic created on: 24-02-2021 10:49 PM)
SmallFish
Helping Hand
Options

Screenshot_20210224-152652_Samsung Members.jpg

Basically Samsung think that camera issues are down to user's error. The lenses were all clear - it's just that the photo quality is that bad! I particuarly love that they cannot see the obvious issue but then say the lense looks dirty... 🙃

Below is a recent video that to me shows 2 out of 4 of the lenses to be wastes of space really:

8 REPLIES 8
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Is this on the Exynos version??.. The wide angle lens on my Exynos S21 Ultra is one of the phones best features. It works brilliantly for pictures and video?. Is this just a software problem or a hardware one or just a chip performance issue as this seems to vary from phone to phone??... The silicon lottery syndrome?.
0 Likes
SmallFish
Helping Hand
Options

It's not the hardware as using the 0.6x for macro photos seems fine and focused.

What I really don't like is Samsung putting all the error reports down to stupid users - which the above implies to me.

Have to disagree with you as clearly Samsung have a longgg way to catch up with Apple when it comes to taking videos. Samsung video are stone age compared to Apple. 😞

Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Yes smallfish Apple do lead in terms of video and this is an established fact but Samsung have the hardware in the S21 Ultra to surpass the video performance of ANY iPhone ever made. But will it reach this level?. Not if they are as pompous and dismissive as they have been with your well packaged concise evidence. Why not just come out and promise to rectify any problems out there and thank you for bringing this issue to their attention?. If this attitude and mindset is rife at all levels at Samsung then they will not reach the heights that they should do with the S21 range. I fear they may just bluff and deny until the next flagship model looms and they lose interest in the S21 at this point. Please prove me wrong Samsung. 🤞
Vetri
Voyager
Options
Agree with you, just imagine S21 U camera hardware with Google software
0 Likes
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
That would be Apple's nightmare come true Vetri.. 👍👍
0 Likes
_Jonno
Voyager
Options
support via the app won't get you anywhere if it is a hardware error you must get it exchange.

I used the support section multiple times regarding battery life not one of the answers that were given to me were actually helpful, they would give me the most generic troubleshooting points like taking any cases off or making sure it's fully charged.

Samsung's support team is very incompetent and lazy would just stick to what others say and if it doesn't work ask for a refund and demand compensation
0 Likes
SmallFish
Helping Hand
Options

Samsung's response to the blurry out of focus 0.6x and 10x lens not focusing during video issue:

SmallFish_0-1615416698744.png

0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
What exactly is your issue with the video?
0 Likes