Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung File Claim

(Topic created on: 30-09-2021 04:17 AM)
JakeAirwreck
First Poster
Options

I cracked the screen of my Galaxy S21 Ultra earlier today and I was sure I was under the care that costs like $11-$12 a month. I tried to file a claim, but it told me I was not under the program. I called and after a long talk they connected me with someone in the claims department. I'll be honest, after asking to repeat herself like 5 times because the terrible audio, I just decided to go with the last option she gave me which was wait 2 to 4 weeks for the corporate to email me about the claim and paying a $29 deductible to have the screen fixed. 2 to 4 weeks? She didn't offer a replacement phone. I can't see anything on this phone. That is way too long to go without a phone. Has someone experienced this before? What good was paying that amount every month if I have to wait that long? 

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You would have to check the Terms and Conditions of cover in regards to a courtesy phone but as far as I'm aware going from my UK based knowledge it's only networks that offer a courtesy phone.

Perhaps ask family , friends or work colleagues if they have a spare phone you could use in the interim that'll accept your sim card @JakeAirwreck 

I'm not sure from what you write what insurance cover you have i.e Samsung Care +

However that timescale I agree is rather long.

Can you not visit a Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centre for support.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "