Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG DUAl WhatsApp issue

(Topic created on: 13-12-2021 12:54 PM)
Galaxyh21
Journeyman
Options

When is samsung going to fix this ongoing issue with dual WhatsApp where we cannot send or receive media?

A solution was added in another thread, which isn't a solution. It's merely a workaround that asks you to use WhatsApp for business. Many don't want to use this, as I think the privacy laws around it are different(correct me if I am wrong) 

Also it's a hassle of having to backup and restore to whatsapp business. 

The new UI 4 updates has caused this. Its also caused many of my apps like amazon to constantly crash. These apps have never ever crashed before on my Samsung device. 

This is by far the worst and most unstable update I've had to Dowload from samsung. If you can't fix it, put us back to the previous UI build. I was perfectly happy with it. So much regression with this, it beggers belief. I would assume these are thoroughly regression tested before rolled out? 

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

This is nothing to do with Samsung. Google own the Android intellectual property and Android 12 means some apps not compatible with Android 12 will have issues. It is up to he developers of the apps to make sure their apps work with the latest OS. Most social media companies have failed to do so, in fact Android 11 users have a lot of issues. If you read reviews on Google Play you will see what I refer to.

You need to reach out to Whatsapp but judging by the comments on Google, they don't care.

0 Likes
Galaxyh21
Journeyman
Options

Not really. This is an issue with Samsung. The Samsung phones are not running stock android right? 

From what I understand, Samsung has actually accepted the WhatsApp dual messenger issue to be their big and there are articles on it on the Web. 

Also which comments on Google are you referring to please? Thanks 

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The issues also affect other devices including the Pixel which is pure Android. Whenever anyone has app issues, the feedback on Google Play is a great indicator of how widespread and what issues users experience and in some reviews what their devices are.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
0 Likes
Galaxyh21
Journeyman
Options

Thing is... It's not just WhatsApp and amazon... Even Google maps keeps crashing. Also I have issues with android auto connection dropping. All of these are since the upgrade. 

0 Likes
Galaxyh21
Journeyman
Options

Thanks. I saw this in the other thread on here and tried it but it didn't work for me

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Maps isn't a third party app so should be trouble free. Did you clear your system cache after the update?
0 Likes
Galaxyh21
Journeyman
Options

How do i clear system cache.

This whatsapp issue is still annoying. Anyone else found a fix. This is one of the main reasons i use samsung. Really annoying 

0 Likes
Galaxyh21
Journeyman
Options

Ok issue resolved, no thanks to samsung of course.

The solution posted by Fardan in the other thread works. 

Essentially the directory for the dual app has changed