Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung do you really have a plan to fix OVERHEATING!?!?!

(Topic created on: 21-02-2021 08:08 PM)
isko01
Pioneer
Options

Hi to all,

In this forum are so much topic about overheating S21U. One problem is when you use a camera, and second one when using multitasking.

They are BIG number of users that have this problem, all the world, so many topics, redit, xda forum, other languages forums, YouTube and etc.. And doesn't matter is in your device Snapdragon or Exynos.

The heat is so BIG that you can only use your camera just from 5 minutes to 10 minutes and then you get notification that camera app need to be close because of overheating. Doesn't matter did you take photos, or your camera app is just open and waiting for your order, or recording video (1080p, 4k, 8k) your phone will so much overheat that you will feel that very good.

And, I know you will write here how to fix... but for now they are no fix. We try all of your recommendations. Even send device to your service, they back the device, say it is repair but no, it is the same.

Several my friends and many users do so much thing what have you recommend, wipe-chace, factory reset, update to last AUB9, go to your local store, they send to repair station, they back from repair station and still the same. We all do this, me, my friend from London, second from Belgrade, third in New Yourk... and many S21U users from this forum. 

This is a winter time and if we cant use camera now, so what to do in summer?

Please Samsung, release the update if is possible to fix this. But ASOP. PLEASE be honest to us and write something about this problem.

We need your answer. Thx a lot.

P.S. sorry for bad English.

10 REPLIES 10
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Try galaxylabs from the Samsung store.
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Firstly your written English is better than that of many of my English friends believe me!. My 512Gb Exynos S21 ultra was getting too warm at first especially when I just opened the camera. It was charging too slowly too. I just sat back and continued using the phone and gave it time to settle and optimize and it quickly began to run cooler and the battery life improved quite dramatically and it began to charge much much faster. It is not perfect though as the low light video quality needs some software update magic still. All I can do is say that I hope your phone soon starts to behave as my phone has isko. SO MANY new models of phones on the market go through the same early production problems of overheating and poor battery life etc. We as buyers should not have to put up with this though as we work hard for our money and these phones are not cheap!. I hope future software updates can solve yours and indeed everyone's problems as quickly as possible. 👍
isko01
Pioneer
Options

Dear @Babishko,

Thx a lot for your answer, and your compliment :smiling-face:

Samsung has suspended phone shipments for the past 30 days. I think you already know, many on forum wrote here. And they said they will ship every Samsung phone to every market at end of February

So you think the "second batch" of S21 phones will not habe that issue? :smiling-face:

Babishko
Hotshot
Options
We can only hope so Isko. I feel Samsung will get to grips with the outstanding issues as their reputation is everything and the longer problems exist the worse it looks for them and sales will be hit. No doubt. That said any new phone will need optimizing and have a glitch or two to work through but if the software is spot on these problems will soon pass. To wait for the second batch of phones though isko would be a safer bet no doubt. 👍👍
SaiChaotic
Pathfinder
Options

Screenshot_20210318-152445_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

 i was just texting and emailing, while watching Netflix. Very disappointing 

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
0 Likes
mynumberone
Apprentice
Options

i got this one twice the first few days when i was having video calls on Messenger. 

will they ever address the overheating issue?? they blame it on many active apps on the background but this is not the case ofc. I think it's the 5G signal

0 Likes
SaiChaotic
Pathfinder
Options

I doubt it's the 5g since I have 5g off

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
0 Likes
mynumberone
Apprentice
Options
I see, mine was struggling to get 5G signal and switching between 4G and 5G. now it seems to be improved and not overheating as before, maybe the battery is adjusting. Still disappointing performance for a £1300 phone.
0 Likes
keithlung
First Poster
Options
Good day to all of you, i own a s21 snapdragon 888 set & it get warm easily as well. After tons of searching i realize this is a common issue & i think that i might have found out the culprit itself. My opinion is that the thing that really heat my s21 up is  THE ADAPTIVE MOTION SMOOTHNESS, Samsung own solution to adapt its 120hz base on our usage. I have been trying switching the adaptive motion smoothness to standard & my temperature can goes down to 30 Celsius when its idling or less, sometime even 28 to 29 Celsius whereas normally if i use ADAPTIVE the temperature normally idle at 34-36 Celsius. I would like to suggest you guys to maybe try this & maybe lets see is that the culprit behind all this ridiculous overheating issues with Samsung S21. This overall is a superb phone apart form the fact that it overheat easily which lead to battery drain excessively. Let's try it out guys & let's find out could this be the culprit.

0 Likes