Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung CyberAttack

(Topic created on: 07-03-2022 07:24 PM)
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options

This is quite serious and alarming, have we got an official statement from Samsung? We need to know if our personal data including passwords, bank cards, banking apps impose a risk of getting into the wrong hands?

34 REPLIES 34
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Like @JAMES4578 I'll be awaiting further information from Samsung Official Sources.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Samsung have now confirmed   The Data Breach related to internal company Data but have stated that according to their findings   no personal data relating to customers or employees was accessed by the hackers.

"According to our initial analysis, the breach involves some source code relating to the operation of Galaxy devices, but does not include the personal information of our consumers or employees,” the Samsung statement said. “Currently, we do not anticipate any impact to our business or customers. We have implemented measures to prevent further such incidents and will continue to serve our customers without disruption.”  See more here:

https://techcrunch.com/2022/03/07/samsung-breach-source-code 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

stewrogers
Explorer
Options
So are all our devices now compromised?!
stewrogers
Explorer
Options
Is the source code for Knox now out in the open on the Internet?!
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
At the moment, a lot is just speculation. Until we get a confirmation from Samsung.
It's possible they have codes, but it's another thing interpreting it and being able to use it.
May need specific equipment thats not generally available for them to work as well.
Just update your passwords and turn on two factor authentication. All we can do for the moment
0 Likes
stewrogers
Explorer
Options
Agreed. Their statement to sammobile is "We were recently made aware that there was a security breach relating to certain internal company data. Immediately after discovering the incident, we strengthened our security system. According to our initial analysis, the breach involves some source codes relating to the operation of Galaxy devices but does not include the personal information of our consumers or employees. Currently, we do not anticipate any impact to our business or customers. We have implemented measures to prevent further such incidents and will continue to serve our customers without disruption.”

So no personal data, but is source code is out there then that is troubling...
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Oh I haven't seen that yet
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I guess in the next security patch update there will be some extra coding to try and prevent any possible issues
0 Likes
stewrogers
Explorer
Options
I wonder will they be doing a bit of out of band patching
0 Likes
Scorpion2019
Journeyman
Options
Yes
0 Likes