What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Cloud

(Topic created on: 10-07-2021 10:02 PM)
Options
So can samsung explain why they are getting rid of their cloud, and leaving us to onedrive and gdrive. apple devices all sync with icloud, we will now have to individually download photos of family, work, and other events.

just not good enough.
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I totally understand and appreciate your viewpoint on this @Mbfrenchbulldogs 

I too would like to have had Samsung Cloud still back up my pictures.

I always used Dropbox anyway as a secondary back up.

I tried OneDrive and it just wasn't for me as it didn't seem to seamlessly sync like Samsung Cloud does.

Samsung gives the following information samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/changes-to-gallery-sync-samsung-cloud-drive-and-premium-storag... but don't explain why.

Possibly they've come to some agreement with Microsoft and OneDrive  !

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Options
I think they have, problem I have is my one drive has work material on and now my personal phone will get mixed up.
I have also download to gdrive. Just bought a c drive USB storage device so I can download direct to this.
Honestly had thoughts of going back to apple.
Can't even sync your devices now
0 Likes
Options
It's just been made much harder and awkward
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
TBH ot makes sense with the given times.

Most work places use MS or Google as well.

Samsung phones work with DeX etc.

So giving options for MS drive and Google drive you have a good combination of both personal and business cloud solutions.

The future is cloud whether you like it or not.

So it's a matter of taste.

One Drive gives you Office and option for family cloud with 1TB each.

Or

For personal use only Google is more attractive.

In price point.
0 Likes
Options
Think you missed the point totally. Them options have always been there. The point is, you have to go in and individually download a photo, when if it was in their own cloud like Icloud the devices sync. So now it's more work and time consuming so no it's not good for personal use, and people may have only a phone for personal use.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Samsung and Microsoft have been collaborating for a litle while really and both companies seem to think it makes business sense.  In fact not many cloud services are profitable, however may not always  have a harmonious relstionship. Some information here : https://inf.news/en/tech 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
deadpool3049
Voyager
Options
If you use Google drive it will back your phone up including all the apps etc.
Onedrive is OK if your just backing up photo's.