Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung camera missing some features or is it just me?

(Topic created on: 23-05-2021 03:03 PM)
Tommyboy461
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I just switched to Samsung S21 Ultra after many years with a Huawei P20 pro and I have a iPhone at work.
The P20 Pro had a thing called Night mode which took many pictures with different exposure and made a single photo with an absolutely beautiful result, I used this at day time to get the perfect exposure for a picture of a building or something when the composite had dark areas. 

The HDR is not even close to what the Huawei was doing.

Is there any way to do this with this phone? or any App that you can recommend?

Also the iPhone has a feature where you take a "live photo" like the motion picture on Samsung, and with two easy clicks, you can change the "live photo" into a  long exposure shot. Nice to use when you photograph waterfalls. 
I have only seen people take waterfalls photos with promode, filters, and long exposure with the Samsungs camera.

Appreciate any help, tips or tricks.

Have a great day,

Kind regards

Tommy

5 REPLIES 5
Barford1011
Navigator
Options
Open the camera app and goto more night mode is in there with many other features hope this will help
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
If you have no night mode option you need to add it to your menu list by scrolling the mode select far to the right where it says more. From there there are various modes which you seek, from hyperlapse, slow mo, panoramic, food shots and night mode to name a few.
0 Likes
Tommyboy461
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for replying. 
Yes, I have this feature but this night mode is limited to when the camera can`t get enough light, then it will for 2-5 seconds open the shutter so the sensor can get more light in, but the Huawei did multiple pictures on different exposure and made it into a single picture. Is this possible on the Samsung?

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Max open shutter is 9sec Max in night mode.

I found the main camera takes a better shot with scene optimiser ( the moon icon) than the night mode in dark.

I believe you are looking for image stacking at different exposure similar to Hdr or different timings.

Either you take burst shots and manual stack them in a pc or download a third party stacker app.

Unfortunately I doubt the Ultra can do it natively.

But Yes that would be a cool option to have.

Ps. Pro Mode let's you do 30sec on shutter and play with ISO as well.

0 Likes
Tommyboy461
Apprentice
Options

Thanks GoanGeek.

Yeah, played a bit with Pro Mode but these options that Huawei and iPhone got is something I miss.

Have a great day

0 Likes