Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Blockchain Wallet says it's incompatible with My Samsung Galaxy S21+

(Topic created on: 17-05-2021 12:19 PM)
pgerardo
Apprentice
Options

Samsung Blockchain Wallet says it's incompatible with My Samsung Galaxy S21+ and I would like to understand why.

pgerardo_0-1621250345682.png

Thank  you

0 Likes

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Some carriers eg Verizon don't support this app if you use their sim, swap sim and it works. Who is your carrier?

View solution in context

Solution
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
In all modern Samsung phones they customise software based off the CSC. This is usually updated by the SIM carrier that is inserted into the phone as its registering. As stated earlier, some carriers may exclude certain applications from installing so to change CSC, try starting your phone with a different SIM.

View solution in context

13 REPLIES 13
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Is that from the Galaxy Store? If not, try installing it from there.
0 Likes
pgerardo
Apprentice
Options

I'm using the Galaxy store online ( link on my post). On the Galaxy store on the phone it doesn't even show, but if I use the direct link on chrome, it opens the Galaxy Store on the phone and I get this error:

Screenshot_20210517-130509_Galaxy Store.jpg

0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
It's weird if it's not compatible with the S21+ as I have it installed on my S21 Ultra. Sorry I don't have an S21+ to confirm whether this is an oversight on Samsungs part, but perhaps another S21+ user can chime in.
0 Likes
Solution
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Some carriers eg Verizon don't support this app if you use their sim, swap sim and it works. Who is your carrier?

pgerardo
Apprentice
Options

I saw that workaround in some sites, so I've removed both SIM from the phone and it still didn't work. I'm from Ireland we don't even have Verizon here, I have a portuguese sim(NOS) and an Irish sim (Three).
The phone was purchase the Portuguese Samsung online shop, how can a carrier dictate what apps I can use or not on my free phone?

0 Likes
Solution
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
In all modern Samsung phones they customise software based off the CSC. This is usually updated by the SIM carrier that is inserted into the phone as its registering. As stated earlier, some carriers may exclude certain applications from installing so to change CSC, try starting your phone with a different SIM.
pgerardo
Apprentice
Options

Like I said I tried with no sim at all so I wrongly assumed that it was not the problem, thank you for making me test again, this time with only my Portuguese sim :smiling-face: 
I'm still surprised that a carrier can have that impact on the phone. One of the reasons I don't buy phones on carriers is to avoid there customizations and bloatware 😞

0 Likes
Salha2021
First Poster
Options
None
0 Likes
Salha2021
First Poster
Options
Salha2021
0 Likes