Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung: 3 MAJOR PROBLEMS IN S21 ULTRA!

(Topic created on: 15-02-2021 12:18 PM)
Darbis
Voyager
Options

There are too many threads now with the same to issues. I am only starting this so Samsung can read the title and get moving with it.

1. Battery drain (much more on camera use)

2. Camera picture quality is a hit and miss.

3. Heating issue when using the phone in normal use and especially much more in camera mode.

Please add more but lets keep it to the basic common problems

62 REPLIES 62
K Dimov
Voyager
Options

@Kace2021 The whole thing is that most of us were lead to believe the device is good based on those same reviews. And when we actually go the phones, we started encountering issues which, no one from those YT or site reviews even mentioned?!?! My current gripe is with the cameras and the quality they produce, along with the heat generated when you use them, no matter taking photos or video

Current: S24 Ultra 512GB Titanium Violet | Old: S21 Ultra 256GB Phantom Black
Darbis
Voyager
Options

I strongly believe Samsung can fix this camera problem but the battery drain issue if its bad the phone must be returned.

Battery saving can be improved as I have seen that on an Asian device I had that Samsung fixed it BUT it took 6 months, The phone has a 6000 mAh battery and on standby it would be drained in 2 days but not anymore.

Heating is an issue I have no idea if they can fix. I hope we dont get the meltdowns of Note 7😥

0 Likes
K Dimov
Voyager
Options

@Darbis Hahaha, they might have decided to take it up a level from the Note 7 with the S21. I do think the heating when working with the cameras is software related. Something pushes the CPU way over what its supposed to be. But overall, all points to faulty batteries and/or firmware

0 Likes
K Dimov
Voyager
Options

So decided to install CPU Monitor app and fire up the camera. Took 3 minutes of FHD@60fps video > 640.17MB. The CPU temperature and the battery went to : CPU 42C, Battery 40C. I do not have a case yet, so I could definitely feel the phone getting hot around the camera module and below it. Why my Note8 does not experience that ***** ?!?!?! Hey, SAMSUNG Where are you to take responsibility for your *****?

CULIC
Explorer
Options

Camera is criminally  horrible.  What a disappointment...

Darbis
Voyager
Options

I have to learn how to use the camera but whatever after the last update it has improved. I hope you have updated.

0 Likes
K Dimov
Voyager
Options

I still have no updates for mine (T-Mobile Netherlands). Thankfully battery life seems to be ok. Not so much the camera tho. Waiting for that update and keeping fingers crossed it will get better.

0 Likes
CULIC
Explorer
Options

My life saver is google camera and raw processing  till samsung makes this camera usable.   

0 Likes
Darbis
Voyager
Options

Did you try the new software update?

0 Likes
CULIC
Explorer
Options

it goes without saying

0 Likes