Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safe January security update

(Topic created on: 04-01-2023 07:46 PM)
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Just letting people on the forum know that the January security patch has just dropped on EE for my S21 Ultra. I heard today that the January security patch has caused chaos for some unlucky people in South Australia and has bricked their phones and wiped all their photos and documents and files. I don't know what series of phones have been affected. Samsung Australia has warned people over there not to install the update if they haven't already done so. There have been ZERO problems on my phone after the update, and I have heard of no problems here in the UK but people here need to at least be aware of the Australian issue I feel. 👍

10 REPLIES 10
AM4N
Voyager
Options
BTU unlocked S21 Ultra here, no update on my side
stephkane00
Navigator
Options
Same no update for me
Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
Got this update yesterday on my phone and wiped cache partition straight after. No problems on my phone at all, I also read about the issues in Asutralia with January update after I had installed it, immediately checked my photos, as soon as I had read about it and all is still fine 👍
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
I must confess Maria that I also went nervously straight to my photos after the update and my heart soared when I saw everything where it should be. I can't imagine the stress and heartache that those poor Australian Samsung users who lost all their photos and contacts are going through at this time. Those poor people.
Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
Thank goodness all my contacts are saved to my sim to that wldnt have been affected. But my photos and videos, are a dont touch! Thankfully I have a laptop so I save all my important photos/videos to that so I know that if something happens to my phone then the videos are still somewhere. I have been to 2 concerts in my lifetime for musicians I like and those videos and photos from then are some extremely precious photos that I would be crushed to lose. I also have google photos but its much more effort downloading photos/videos 1 by 1 after an issue than it is to just move them in groups from your laptop. Hope you have a good evening 👍
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Yes thanks Maria I am just settling in to a nice relaxed evening after having a long afternoon waiting at my cars main dealer for an long long 5 hours as it had it's big 40,000 mile direct shift gearbox service (sorry for the technical waffle). 5 awful hungry dragging hours!. They told me it would only take 3 hours. I will not say what model of car I have or where I had the service done at to avoid legal problems!..lol!..🤣🤣. The work was done well I must say, but today really dragged Maria and I have a hunger headache..🤣🤣. Still, I would prefer my day to that of any Australian Samsung users who have lost photos and contacts for sure.👍
0 Likes
Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
Still sounds like a long wait!!! Glad you are having a quiet evening now. Im also having a quiet evening after getting jobs done in town today, enjoy your evening 👍
0 Likes
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Enjoy yours too please Maria. 👍
TNJGB
Navigator
Options

That's odd as the version number in the January screenshot above is the same as my unlocked December update.

0 Likes