Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s21ultra camera zoom losing focus

(Topic created on: 09-03-2021 08:22 PM)
DannyWo
Pioneer
Options
Can someone explain me please, why when  am using camera to take photo with zoom X10 (first leaf from right ) or more seems like camera its switching and losing focus . Photos are horrible with zoom 10 or over. I have notice sometimes when am zooming fast by two fingers camera had no chance to switch then focus stays and photos looks right...  Any ideas 
20 REPLIES 20
DannyWo
Pioneer
Options
like this one

20210309_204313_2456.jpg

20210309_204322_2457.jpg

0 Likes
DannyWo
Pioneer
Options
i was worried my camera somehow is broken... so I guess am not the first one ...but when I was checking lots of reviews (of s21ultra ) on YouTube , blogers never notice any of this issues , they never mentioned that
Mabz786
Journeyman
Options
iv never had an issue try your camera setting that may help
Mabz786
Journeyman
Options
this was a 10x zoom just now no focus issues

20210309_215206_17456.jpg

DannyWo
Pioneer
Options
I tried even reset phone setting to default. nothing helps .. hope video can explain more than words.
https://youtu.be/uHQn0XbZwSo
0 Likes
DannyWo
Pioneer
Options
u can see how camera is switched by phone and then losing focus
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
it's due to sub optimal lighting conditions. Generally if the light on the subject is low or not eminating, it will try to use the main sensor if brightness levels are better. Looking at your video, the lighting doesn't look very bright so using the zoom lens doesn't quite look ideal, you're trying to focus on a dark corner behind an object where no real direct lighting appears to be.
Archer_Legend
Voyager
Options

How far away is the object? I would advise you to do the following: from 1x snap a picture and then make a screenshot of the picture details (the focal and aperture) then swap to 10x and take a screenshot of the details and the same for 4x.

Then share the screenshots so I can have a look, I have an idea about what could be the problem

Archer
DannyWo
Pioneer
Options
no matter how far is object. no matter is day or light . camera is broken or something . send it on warranty u recommend ?
0 Likes