Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21U May Update

(Topic created on: 15-05-2021 04:31 PM)
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
Haven't had good battery life since the AUB6 update I think anyway. Can't remember the exact build but was happy with battery life. Since the May update standby drain is really high. Screen on drains every few min. Never used to be like this. Used to be 1% every 10min the display is on which was reasonably good. Samsung need to stop focusing on camera updates and fix the bad battery life. Disappointing for a 5000mah battery. All apps in deep sleep. Auto sync off. Location off when not in use. Shouldn't have to turn everything off in order to get good battery. I've tried using 60hz but it's too laggy and jerky so I'm sticking to adaptive. 

37 REPLIES 37
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
If you'd taken the time to read the other previous comments you would understand that I'm not the only one. Thanks for taking the time to reply. 😄
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I have and offered possible reasoning, your assumption would mean everyone is affected which simply isn't true.
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
I'm glad your not affected by it but others are.
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

The standby time has improved for me. If I don't use my phone, battery life is great at the end of the day! I took it off charge today around 8am and right now i'm at 81% battery life with 35mins of SOT. Trouble is, if I use the phone for extended periods, for  things like browsing the internet (Samsung Internet), read emails, send messages (whatsapp) and watching Youtube, i'm lucky to get three/ three and a half hours of SOT (before I would get Six and a half, maybe seven).

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

Took my phone off charge this morning at 7.30am and it's now 9.19am and I have 95% battery life. I haven't used the phone much, 8mins of screen on time! Battery optimisation is great when in standby. For me, the battery drains faster when using the phone - Pre /May update I had between 6-7hrs SOT - After May update I get 3-4hrs SOT.

Screenshot_20210519-091821_Device care.jpg

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
Struggling with 4g internet today.. is this my network or my phone. Screenshot_20210520-135657_Google.jpg
0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
That's with airplane mode .Screenshot_20210521-111522_Device care.jpg
0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
Yet another user with same issue. Come on Samsung.. get this fixed !!!!Screenshot_20210523-085314_Samsung Members.jpg
0 Likes