Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21U May Update

(Topic created on: 15-05-2021 04:31 PM)
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
Haven't had good battery life since the AUB6 update I think anyway. Can't remember the exact build but was happy with battery life. Since the May update standby drain is really high. Screen on drains every few min. Never used to be like this. Used to be 1% every 10min the display is on which was reasonably good. Samsung need to stop focusing on camera updates and fix the bad battery life. Disappointing for a 5000mah battery. All apps in deep sleep. Auto sync off. Location off when not in use. Shouldn't have to turn everything off in order to get good battery. I've tried using 60hz but it's too laggy and jerky so I'm sticking to adaptive. 

37 REPLIES 37
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
Yes I'm in the UK. 5th May I got the update. I used Odin which is like using smart switch on pc.
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Using odin means you didn't use the official ota build. The only build available at that time was ones aimed at Germany.
0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
Of course it's official 🤣 my screenshot will be identical to yours.

Screenshot_20210517-103410_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Show me your last update screen. I never said you didn't install an official update. I said you didn't use the OTA official update which would be one dedicated to your region (in this case the UK). Updates are tailored towards each region so even though their respective software versions are all the same, there may be specific settings per region which could have adverse effects to a device from another region.
0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
Doesn't show after a factory reset. But I can guarantee its official update. Even when you use smart switch to update it's like 8GB and doesn't show last update info. It's the same as OTA but OTA is a lot smaller. Research before accusing me of not using official software. Smart switch always gets the update like a day earlier than OTA.

Screenshot_20210517-104232_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I know what Odin is and how updates work through it. I used it to update my firmware on my second S21 Ultra when it was refusing to update due to the service provider CSU. Again there's a reason why OTAs are sent to specific regions, never accused you of not using official firmware, you just didn't install the one specific to the UK.
0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

Just to clarify, I have not jail broken or altered any firmware or CSC codes on my device and I updated via OTA (SETTINGS > SOFTWARE UPDATE)

Screenshot_20210517-111438_Settings.jpg

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
If you knew anything you'd know they are exactly the same thing. No difference whatsoever. There is not firmware specific to the UK. They are multi CSC.
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Neither have I but my SoT times are about on par prior to update with a slight blip after I installed it, but that's kind of expected as I usually run it through a slew of benchmarks and camera testing.

I think the idle drain is the best I've had yet as accubattery shows my screen off drain is 0.6%/h whereas prior to the May update It would usually be between 0.8 - 1%/h.
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Well Mr in the know, I figured out my battery life hasn't changed all that significantly from back when I bought the phone in January in practically every single update. SoTs of 9h+ and never once had your alleged software battery drain issue. So if it's a software issue, it's more likely your device, settings or something installed on your device rather than a general update issue.
0 Likes