Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21U May Update

(Topic created on: 16-05-2021 12:46 AM)
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
Haven't had good battery life since the AUB6 update I think anyway. Can't remember the exact build but was happy with battery life. Since the May update standby drain is really high. Screen on drains every few min. Never used to be like this. Used to be 1% every 10min the display is on which was reasonably good. Samsung need to stop focusing on camera updates and fix the bad battery life. Disappointing for a 5000mah battery. All apps in deep sleep. Auto sync off. Location off when not in use. Shouldn't have to turn everything off in order to get good battery. I've tried using 60hz but it's too laggy and jerky so I'm sticking to adaptive. 

37 REPLIES 37
Debbie1986
Explorer
Options
Oppps my bad lol 😜🤫🤭 soz was just havein a laugh x
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

lol...

My battery life isn't good anymore. Getting around 4h screen on time now!

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Hello bro .  Me also I was having the same problem.i bought my new 21 ultra on April 14 and the battery was draining very fast.  I couldn't even enjoy my new phone.   I tried  everything possible  but nothing help.my screen on time was about  4 hours .

But now I have fix my battery  issues  and now am enjoy . All my settings Are on nothing is switched of .  AM USING Refresh rate 120HZ.   Resolution  WQHD+  all the settings everything is on.    

My phone battery now is very good.    The reason is I have  downloaded s21 ultra latest firmware using  latest firmware Downloader called  FRIJA   and  Odin version v3.14.1   and after flashing  the phone I used the phone till it remained  10% battery.   Then I charge the phone full .  And every thing now is very good am happy  I can enjoy my phone.     You can check  I have attached screen shot of my battery  .   Just do what have done and the problem will be fixed  and you will be happy 😊      

Download latest firmware for s21 ultra 

Download firmware Downloader called FRIJA  latest version 

Download the right  CSC country for your mobile and right model number 

Download Odin version v3.14.1 

Flash the firmware and enjoy  long battery life 

Screenshot_20210516-093200_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Hello bro .  Me also I was having the same problem.i bought my new 21 ultra on April 14 and the battery was draining very fast.  I couldn't even enjoy my new phone.   I tried  everything possible  but nothing help.my screen on time was about  4 hours .

But now I have fix my battery  issues  and now am enjoy . All my settings Are on nothing is switched of .  AM USING Refresh rate 120HZ.   Resolution  WQHD+  all the settings everything is on.    

My phone battery now is very good.    The reason is I have  downloaded s21 ultra latest firmware using  latest firmware Downloader called  FRIJA   and  Odin version v3.14.1   and after flashing  the phone I used the phone till it remained  10% battery.   Then I charge the phone full .  And every thing now is very good am happy  I can enjoy my phone.     You can check  I have attached screen shot of my battery  .   Just do what have done and the problem will be fixed  and you will be happy ‌😊‌      

Download latest firmware for s21 ultra 

Download firmware Downloader called FRIJA  latest version 

Download the right  CSC country for your mobile and right model number 

Download Odin version v3.14.1 

Flash the firmware and enjoy  long battery life 

Screenshot_20210516-093200_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
I'm waiting for a Samsung moderator to reply with a list of power saving tips 😂 THAT DONT WORK, It's 100% the software that's got issues. I wish Samsung would give us the option to roll back to previous updates so I could enjoy my phone again.
0 Likes
DianDD
Voyager
Options
Are you cleaning cache memory after each update? It is affecting the battery life and helps usually. I am on S21 but I turned off all battery savings and let many apps to run in the background, only few in deep sleep. I don't believe turning everything off helps that much with the battery it is just making the smartphone useless to be fair
0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
Yes Ive done factory resets. Cache wipe. Every app deep sleeping auto sync off. I've reset sleeping apps so I'll let it auto sleep apps. I'm going to turn everything on see if it's any difference.
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Chrome still continues to be the biggest battery waste for me, but I've found idle screen off battery drain to be a lot lower since last update (at least according to AccuBattery). I'm guessing the battery may be doing some relearning or quite a few apps may be updating/installing in the background lately and battery life should return to normal levels pre May update soon enough.
0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
I've had the may update well over a week so it's not still optimising. Don't use Chrome. Judging by all the comments people are noticing it since the may update so we'll have to wait for Samsung to fix. If they see this thread then they know they have a problem. It's not just 1 person complaining.
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Are you in the UK? If so then you haven't had the May update over a week as it only dropped on the 12 May. There have been a lot of app updates between then but just looking at my battery drain in AccuBattery, I can distinctly see a noticeable decrease in mah drain prior to update.

As I've stated before in another thread, I too noticed a dip in battery life, however I think the recent slew of app updates is one of the major causes of that which would also explain a lot of other people's concerns. I'm not discounting that there may be a battery drain issue since the update, but I'm trying to shed some reasoning as to what may have caused it and offer that it may just be a momentary issue. My levels checking now do seem to indicate battery stability as per my latest screenshot. None of my settings have changed, I still use Bluetooth, 5G, WQHD+, 120Hz and I re-enabled the S-Pen.

clipboard_image_1621243189391.jpg

0 Likes