Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21U Game sound quality

(Topic created on: 01-11-2022 08:10 AM)
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
Whenever I listen to music or YouTube or anything besides games the audio quality is fantastic but as soon as you launch a game the sound is distorted and sounds flat and tinny. Tried turning off Dolby Atmos for games but the sound is still terrible. My old p30 pro had the same quality audio whether you were gaming or playing music. Hope Samsung can fix this and make the sound same for games and music!!!!!!!

114 REPLIES 114
ManzaEN
Explorer
Options

Yes, same thing happens on my S22 Ultra on One UI 5.0 as well.

hooui
Student
Options

Same issues on my S23+ on OneUI 5.1.

I've been hoping Samsung could fix this problem.

This will greatly enhance the user experience.

hooui
Student
Options

(Update)
(Sorry my native language is not English, I really hope this issue can be improved. Forgive me if I use some strange words)

I updated to OneUI 6.0, still not fixed.
Samsung said they fixed it, but i tried video recorder, they just blocked the better sound.
I also found a situation where the equalizer does not work in this case, like gaming apps.
If video recorder can solve this, why didn't Samsung do some tricks or optional settings (like in Sound Assistant) to improve it?

The speakers of the S23 series are all good, but it is really a pity in terms of experience, also other series.
Hopefully 6.1 will fix this.

0 Likes
ManzaEN
Explorer
Options

Hey guys, it's been a while. I want to let you guys know this is an issue for Android at heart not just Samsung. There are some companies who have work around to the issue, but the issue lies with Android itself. I have reported the issue to Google directly, and they have been allegedly "working on it". If you have a Google Pixel, I'd strongly recommended reporting this problem in the beta.

tetsugo
Journeyman
Options

Hey guys, it's been a long ride all this time, and after having a Galaxy S9 (with Black Crush issue on screen), S10 (with Exynos chip being way worse than Snapdragon) and S21U having this audio issue and my battery draining because of Exynos, I found a solution... I migrated to iPhone 15, against my will and having no issues so far.

I know I will not have the customization and will have to adapt myself to the OS, but at least now I have a functional phone with no battery issues, and no bugs to the OS.

0 Likes