Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21U Game sound quality

(Topic created on: 16-07-2021 09:41 PM)
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
Whenever I listen to music or YouTube or anything besides games the audio quality is fantastic but as soon as you launch a game the sound is distorted and sounds flat and tinny. Tried turning off Dolby Atmos for games but the sound is still terrible. My old p30 pro had the same quality audio whether you were gaming or playing music. Hope Samsung can fix this and make the sound same for games and music!!!!!!!

114 REPLIES 114
Ege_K1
Explorer
Options

I have same problem since Galaxy Note 8 now i bought Note 20 Ultra and this problem still continues. Only fix is screen recording. And this happens all the games..

0 Likes
Fr0z3n
Apprentice
Options

I have the same issue. Using the screen recorder the audio get's a lot better.
There isn't anything in the setttings that I could see.

Maybe it is a bug in game Booster?
Since it starts every time you launch a game.

0 Likes
ManzaEN
Explorer
Options

Definitely not a game booster issue, as this problem persists in the video editor or any application that isn't dedicated for media playback. I've sent a ticket through Samsung Members regarding this issue. They said said will get back to me.

Capsaicin
First Poster
Options

S21 Exynos, same issue. I've tried Samsung customer service and sending an error report through Samsung Members, but all I've been getting back is "you can change the app volume here and equalizer settings here" no sir I'm not having volume issues.
Hopefully enough people complains about it that Samsung recognizes it's a real thing.

0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
I doubt they'll fix it. There's 100s of articles online regarding the camera wakelock that drains a ton of battery. Just Google S21 ultra pocket battery drain and you'll see. This hasn't been fixed either so don't get your hopes up.
0 Likes
ManzaEN
Explorer
Options

Yep, no luck. After about 2 months of back and forth with them, they simply blamed it was the app developers fault despite their own applications having this issue. I'll see myself out as a Samsung user.

Screenshot_20210818-152903_Samsung Members.png

0 Likes
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

Same here on my A52 5G. 

The sounds pretty shallow, in the game which gets good when I start to record the game with Samsung screen recorder,it gets the background noise, bass, it's like before sound was on a surface but then it gets in the phone with the screen recorder.

Its not only in the game, when I go in the video editor and then play the video, sound is also awful, but when I save the video and listen it's the normal as before! Please try this if it's the same, I hope you could understand what I've meant. 

Thanks on the help! S24 Ultra owner.
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

Here you go, this is a recording using a third party recorder and it's showing true sound quality of the game on this phone. 

This second video is sound quality which was recorded by the Samsung video recorder. That's what the game should sound always not only when recorded! 

Ege_K1
Explorer
Options

Videos not working.

0 Likes
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

Bad audio quality 

Audio quality as it should be without the recorder. 

0 Likes