Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21U camera April Update

(Topic created on: 31-03-2021 11:14 PM)
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
I think this camera update made photos worse than before. They look like an oil painting gone wrong 😂 anyone else experiencing same? Should be clear as day as the lighting conditions were perfect just lacking detail and sharpness.

8 REPLIES 8
Mouradpilot
Student
Options

its so disappointing me either

0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

All out of focus! 😲

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Yes Adamlee this oil painting look seems to be widespread following the recent April update.. On my Exynos S21 Ultra the oil painting look is only visible when really cropping in heavily on the image otherwise my pictures are all in sharp focus and of brilliant quality I must say. I take pictures by the hundreds though and I feel that you more you use your camera the better the results will get?. This seems to be so for me anyway.. 👍👍
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I haven't had any photos looking like this on any of the updates. Looks like some kind of filter or something.

It's strange but I've found the camera has vastly improved in more light conditions.
Barford1011
Navigator
Options
My s21 ultra has had the update and photos look fine to me still sharp and clear. Have you tried to clean the camera on back of phone as this could make pics blurry
0 Likes
Beiollyi
Explorer
Options
I'm shocked 😲
0 Likes
Guy41
Navigator
Options

I haven't noticed anything like that. What lens was this taken with?

0 Likes
jessines
First Poster
Options

I feel the same. Picture quality has decreased with this update. Much less detail than I had with the previous version. 

0 Likes