Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s21fe5g dual sim not activated

(Topic created on: 09-06-2022 09:27 AM)
suhasssane
First Poster
Options

i have baught a S21 FE with dual sim. It has provision for inserting two sims but second sim cannot be activated. also the phone has only one IMEI no. literature that came with phone says the dual sim will be activated after software update. where is this software update availabe?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Where did you buy this phone? It should have 2 IMEI numbers.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@suhasssane: For clarity, did you head to Settings > About Phone to check the IMEI numbers? The S21 FE 5G should allow for a physical nano-SIM or eSIM as the second SIM option, so I'm not sure why you're encountering this issue, but you may wish to try heading to Settings > Software Update > Download and Install, to see if this helps. If the phone continues to display a single IMEI number, and if the problem persists, then I recommend reaching out to the retailer/seller to discuss your options regarding a refund or replacement. 

suhasssane
First Poster
Options

the phone was baught in USA . it has only one IMEI no

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Thanks for your reply. US phones only have one sim so that clears up that mystery.
0 Likes
ABCDesi
First Poster
Options

Actually it does not solve the problem. Samsung confirmed that the s21FE sold in the USA would definitely have Dual Sim. However once it was launched, they said it would need a software update to activate it. Till now we are still waiting for this software update. This is very bad practice by Samsung. I can see a class action lawsuit for false advertising coming if they don't get this update out soon.

0 Likes
Janice N
First Poster
Options

I have the S21 FE dual sim and still having issues and not receiving calls. I've tried everything including a factory reset and still does not work. My phone has the latest update so I gather we are still waiting for the appropriate update. This is extremely frustrating. Now I will have to resort to carrying around 2 phones now. 

0 Likes
ABCDesi
First Poster
Options

I have the s21FE dual sim (SM-G990U1/DS), and when I first got the phone, the dual sim was not activated. However an update in July fixed it. I now can use both Sims. 

0 Likes