Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21FE zoom camera problem

(Topic created on: 27-03-2022 11:20 AM)
Shamrock_Sean
Voyager
Options
Hello,

I just purchased a new Galaxy S21FE 8 gig ram version in UK Snapdragon model. All is working fine except one annoying issue. After updating to One UI 4.1 I reset the phone and then set it all up from fresh. The issue is 3x zoom camera often doesn't focus properly. I have to make sure I press the screen to focus it otherwise occasionally it comes out either blurred or as if it has zoomed digitally. I reset camera but still has the issue. It works fine if I press the focus but I often notice the zoom camera hunting focus at times. Anyone else have this issue could it be a bug or my unit?? 
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@Shamrock_Sean: Tapping the screen to focus the camera will be required on occasion, depending on what your photographing, and the available light in the scene, amongst other things. This is especially true after zooming in, as this will naturally shift the focus point. I make a habit of tapping the point I want to focus on before each picture I take, with foreground objects taking priority to ensure that the image is crisp and clear. 

0 Likes
Shamrock_Sean
Voyager
Options
Yes but on it's one even in bright light the focus is slow and often won't focus on it's own.
0 Likes
Shamrock_Sean
Voyager
Options

OK so as the zoom camera does hunt focus a fair bit do you think it is software related?? As it does focus but often not always on it's own and keeps hunting

0 Likes