Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21

(Topic created on: 18-10-2021 07:55 PM)
ELLIFEAR
Journeyman
Options
I heard that Samsung sell better quality S21 handsets in America than the UK. Has anyone else heard this and if so what's the difference and more to the point why?
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
illEez
Voyager
Options
I'd heard the snapdragon was better too, but after watching a ton of YouTube videos featuring both snapdragon and exynos, I think they're about even, or any differences between the two are almost negligible.

I have the exynos; some settings are different on mine compared to the snapdragon, but they lead you to pretty much the same place.

I did see one astrophotography video which claimed the exynos camera was better, but again you'd have to be a professional photographer to notice the difference, if any.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @ELLIFEAR They use snapdragon in the US mainly due to a deal with Qualcomm sometime ago . https://provscons.com/why-samsung-uses-qualcomm/ 

Whilst Snapdragon processors were regarded as superior  the advantage according to many experts less pronounced with the current 2100 Exynos processor. See more here https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/m.gsmarena.com/exynos_2100_vs_snapdragon_888_sustained_performance_an... 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @ELLIFEAR 

My own personal experience was with the Samsung Note 20 Ultra.

I first purchased the Exynos version from Samsung UK but had to send it back because of some issues involving network connection.

I then imported the SnapDragon version from Hong Kong and the difference was night and day.

In my own personal experience the SnapDragon version optimised better ranging from general usage and in regards to the battery.

The Exynos version could struggle.

It seems Samsung have taken note of this and have started releasing new phones with the SnapDragon soc in them. Whether this will happen with all flagship phones I'm unsure.

However my Fold 3 purchased from Samsung UK does have the SnapDragon chipset in it.

All that said my son has the Uk version of the Samsung Galaxy s21 Ultra and he has nothing but praise for his phone.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@ELLIFEAR  I have also been very happy with the Exynos  S21 Ultra ,though experiences on the community seem to vary.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes