Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 vs S20

(Topic created on: 14-06-2021 06:44 AM)
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
So as some people will know I left S20 due to bad battery, tried iPhone (worst mistake of my entire life) and on an S21 now. I can say that it actually is a big improvement over the S20. Battery lasts the whole day with 120hz mode actived on S20 you would be charging 3 times a day if you had 120hz on. I find the flat screen much better, I don't really see the difference in the res drop, and I love the glastic back it seems to be much more durable although it does still pick up light finger prints. Then there is the chip which is much improved. No more getting very hot and disgraceful battery drain. I'm not saying the S20 is a terrible device but if you find it's not performing very well or battery is bad jump to the S21 you won't regret it. I was worried about the plastic back res drop and battery but it's all been really good. However avoid if you need loads and loads of storage as no SD card slot but I have never used one in my life so it doesn't bother me. If your S20 is serving you well and you like it then no need to switch really. 
13 REPLIES 13
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I notice the difference from the note 20 ultra. I'm not saying the note 20 ultra with the 990 is a bad phone. It isn't and could have lived with it, it was the display I was unhappy with. I will say the s21 ultra just feels smoother. Better battery also for me.
Gavlee2010
Voyager
Options
I've been using the s21 Ultra since release day, and been through all the little annoying bugs. But I have to say Samsung has been releasing alot of updates trying to fix them, I had the s10+ before and loved that phone.
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Yea they have really pushed the boat out this year I think
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Yea I missed all the bugs it's definitely one smooth stable phone now
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
My last Samsung was the S9+ as I always went for the S series for their cameras.

Wanted to try the note but never got to get it so jumped at the S21 Ultra when they said it supported Spen.
Also the Macro camera has not disappointed.
And the three lens was the sweet spot.

I still think though they have to improve the software to utilise the camera hardware though.
I don't like the muddy/painterly skin tones and stuff.

White balance is definitely an improvement.
deadpool3049
Voyager
Options
I had the s20 ultra then I moved to the s21 ultra I have to say that it was the best move battery life is greatly improved the camera is a massive improvement
Gavlee2010
Voyager
Options
They can definitely work on the camera software I've seen photos taken with g cam on the ultra and wow it shows how good the hardware is when it's got brilliant software behind it. Just gutted that I can't use G.cam on my exynos version.
sheplfc74
Helping Hand
Options
I have an S20FE, if find a brilliant phone, I downgraded from the S20Ultra, now that was a waste of money, not jumped onto S21, not fussed on the look, and the biggest downside was the removal of the SD card, im happy with mine, battery is always good for a day, ive had no problems with mine whatsoever. So I guess I won't miss what I've not had, probably have a good look at the S22 next year, main focus at the mo is to trade in Active 2, and get the new Active 4, when it comes out🤔
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Yea I love my active 2 great device, I had the s21 ultra for a week and it was wasted on me, I barely use the camera or game its just music YouTube phone and internet/social media. They have got the chip and battery right this year for sure, I had an S20FE and honestly I wasn't impressed, it used the front camera as the light sensor which for me used alot of battery and I had it when they first came out and had the screen issues. Glad yours is going well for you. I will be keeping the s21 for 2 years then probably getting the S23, as for watches I just replace then when they knackered. Also have a tab s7 it's ace. As for SD card never used one in my life probably due to the pack I always used iphones, only been a regular samsung user since the S10