Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 vs. Pixel 5 (Review by Tech Radar)

(Topic created on: 14-05-2021 07:02 AM)
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Tech radar compared the S21 with the Pixel 5. While not in any great detail it is interesting reading and depending what you actually want from a phone I'd call it honours even. Both devices have their unique quirks and benefits.

6 REPLIES 6
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

thanks for sharing 

😉

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Another comparison with more technical details here   https://www.phonearena.com/reviews/samsung-galaxy-s21-vs-google-pixel-5     Anyway    overall it would seem the S21 has the advantage in  terms of speed and display and the camera has more advanced features,whilst the pixel was found to have the edge on image processing and battery life.     speed and resolution would be a major factor for  me,even if there is always a desire for longer battery life.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Exactly, it depends what priorities you have as to which phone would suit. For me it would be battery life and updates of the Pixel over the features of the S21. The glastic is odd given they could have given the S21 a full metal body if they didn't want to use glass. Polished metal or satin like the Tab range would be more premium than plastic
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@antikythera Yes, we all have different needs and whilst earlier updates  are an advantage not the  USP for me.   Agree though  that the glastic  makes it a bit less attractive  on the base model though pricing a factor.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Near enough £700 for a phone it shouldn't be plastic. My tablet is better built, my Brother's Wileyfox has an all metal design too and that was £150. It's just Samsung cutting corners but trying to make the phone resemble the more expensive plus and ultra models. It would be better if they didn't.
Penny8
Voyager
Options
Hi can you like pics for you pics for me need to win
0 Likes