Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 vs A52s 5g

(Topic created on: 31-12-2021 06:36 PM)
Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi, so I was hoping for some help. Basically I currently use an A51 5g. But its been having some blips with the touchscreen being unrepsonsive and then doing certain things it shouldn't be doing so Im considering upgrading my phone if there is nothing that ee can do. With the January sales there is a good deal on phones particularly on the s21. I have only ever had A series phones but the only other A series phone  on EE with the storage I need is the A52s. The main things I need in a phone is: 
Good Performance 
128gb (or more) storage
Good battery life (Im out all day, using data a lot and listening to music aswell as on social media) 
Good sound quality (I like to listen to music) 
Good camera quality
Which is better according to my needs in a phone. Samsung s21? Or Samsung A52s 5g

Thank you and hope you have a very Happy New Year🎆🎆
29 REPLIES 29
Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
Will definitely consider the Pixel 6. Thanks for the suggestion about the Ultra but from specs I have seen, it seems a little big and its more than Im looking to spend. Im considering the s21 (base model) because the carrier I pay my phone bill to (EE) have a deal on to get 10gb data per month for £37 per month, as part of January sales.
Melle199
Explorer
Options

Hey, did you get the s21 base model with exonys 2100? Is the battery okay? Have read a lot which makes me worried about buying. But I’ve found a good deal.

Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
Yes I did get the S21 base model. Battery is still in optimisation so Im yet to find out what the true battery life of the phone is. But its only day 3 and the phone is starting to settle down. Been listening to music on it (on bluetooth) for about 2-3 hours today, plus social media using mobile data and its on 69% so I have high hopes for when its finished optimising. Battery life is great so far, and after optimising it will be even better Would highly recommend getting the S21 base model 👌 😊
0 Likes
Melle199
Explorer
Options

Thx for fast reply, sounds nice. Might get it then. To clarify, do you have the one with Exynos 2100? 

Melle199
Explorer
Options

Also, does it heat up easily when watching YouTube etc?

Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
Yes I do 😊
0 Likes
Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
No it doesnt. I think over this last (almost 1 year) Samsung has sent updates which have optimised it more to get rid of the overheating issue.
0 Likes
Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
One more thing which I would be aware of, is first 1/2 weeks. The battery life might be a little up and down because the phone is learning your usage patterns. It will calm down tho trust me. The battery life on my phone wasnt the best for yesterday or Monday but its settled down today. Its still learning my usag epatterns so I think itss still gona settle down more. But its worth keeping in mind that if ur battery life isnt too good the first couple of days its just due to optimisation, nothing major and it will calm down eventually.
0 Likes
Melle199
Explorer
Options

Ty, another question. Do you use 120 or 60 hz refresh rate? Have you optimized it somehow? Or are you running in pretty standard settings? Light or dark mode? 

Melle199
Explorer
Options

Really appreciate your help 🤩