Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 vs A52s 5g

(Topic created on: 01-01-2022 09:10 AM)
Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi, so I was hoping for some help. Basically I currently use an A51 5g. But its been having some blips with the touchscreen being unrepsonsive and then doing certain things it shouldn't be doing so Im considering upgrading my phone if there is nothing that ee can do. With the January sales there is a good deal on phones particularly on the s21. I have only ever had A series phones but the only other A series phone  on EE with the storage I need is the A52s. The main things I need in a phone is: 
Good Performance 
128gb (or more) storage
Good battery life (Im out all day, using data a lot and listening to music aswell as on social media) 
Good sound quality (I like to listen to music) 
Good camera quality
Which is better according to my needs in a phone. Samsung s21? Or Samsung A52s 5g

Thank you and hope you have a very Happy New Year🎆🎆
29 REPLIES 29
Fizaan
Navigator
Options
Hi 👋 according to the list you have I would recommend the s21 for what you have listed

1) I have used an s21 and the performance is incredible

2) the bass model of the phone is 128gb depending on the model 286gb iswell

3) battery life for your normal routine would probably last 18h+

4) the sound quality is out of this world

5) the 📷 is so 🔥 (really good quality 👌)
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I would also look at the Pixel 6 if you feel like a change.
Or the S21 Ultra
Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
Thank you 😊 Ok that makes me feel less reluctant in considering the s21. On here I saw some people who had it had issues with it so thats why I was shying away from it but I feel better about it so that may be something to think about if EE cannot fix my phone.
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options
Both the a52s and s21 fulfill your criteria but the s21 has better performance and camera while the a52s has much better battery life
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Indeed both are fine phones Maria_vm but the A52s is underpriced for what it offers. It has a lovely big 120Hz display and a fine 64Mp quad camera set up. It has a headphone jack and expandable storage and a strong battery as well as a cool running Snapdragon 778G chipset that is good for gaming. The Exynos 2100 S21 had a fair amount of problems on release but to be fair these should have been ironed out by now as long as you don't get unlucky and get a unit with the dreaded restart problem. The S21 is the better handset if there is no big price difference in between them for sure. The A52s though is available at some bargain prices on contract or up front whereas the S21 may be more costly. Good luck to you anyway and I hope you really enjoy whichever phone you choose. 👍
Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
Thank you! On the phone I current use (A51 5g) it has 128gb storage and Ive barely gone thru half of it. So Im not too fussed about expandable storage. Thank you for your help 👌 😊
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
You are very welcome Maria_vm. Just one final thing I want to say is that if video recording is your thing then the S21 is the heavyweight performer of the two worth the higher price as it offers not just 4k 60fs recording but 8k 24fps also. The A52s shoots 4k video also but maxes out at 30fps. If smooth buttery 60fps video is as essential to you as it is me then you are limited to 1080p on the A52s but both devices have Optical Image Stabilization on the main camera for shake free recording.
Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
Thanks for that. Is battery life good? I have seen some members have problems, but others saying battery life is good. Im looking for it to make it through the day (turned on at 6:30 and then turned off at 21:00), moderate social mdeia use - 50% of the time, using data and listening to music as well as playing games on wifi when I have time. (S21 base model cause EE have a deal on for their winter sales to get 10gb of data per month for £37 per month.
0 Likes
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
The EE offer on the S21 is brilliant I must say. I would bite at that offer. I have the S21 Ultra myself and I pay twice what EE are asking for the 21. I can't complain though as I am DELIGHTED with the phone being a very hard camera and video user. Battery life on the S21 is now better than it was at launch when the Exynos chip was having optimization issues. Now you can expect a full days usage no problem in average use with many users getting significantly more. 5 hours screen time is easily achievable whereas the A52s can achieve between 6 and 7 hours. (My 21 Ultra can achieve over 9 hours with the screen still on 120Hz adaptive). I am with EE myself Maria _vm and I have found them excellent in every way. I would seriously consider their £ 37 a month offer. Good luck again. 👍