Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 voicemail notification

(Topic created on: 06-02-2021 02:25 PM)
Imran97
First Poster
Options
Hi. I just got the Samsung s21 today and I realised that there's always a voicemail notification on top, even when I do not have any new messages. I tried deleting the phone app's data and cache but the notification is still there. Do you have any tips on how to remove it?
4 REPLIES 4
marcot23
First Poster
Options

Got the same issue. I have cleaned the voicemail box and even disable the function with the server. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-remove-voicemail-notifications/

has instruction on removing voicemail notification alert but in OneUI 3 Samsung made some changes to call settings and I don't know how to clean its cache and data

0 Likes
Linsayloo1978
Explorer
Options
I also have this problem, I managed to clear the cache and data, but as soon as I turn my phone off at night time the icon appears back when I turn my phone back on, it's very annoying
0 Likes
DannyT
Options

What are you seeing @marcot23? As the settings in the link are for One UI 3.0.

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
Stephen_G
First Poster
Options

Not sure if you have already resolved this but for any others searching I had the same issue with a permanent new voicemail notification when adding a second SIM on my S21. When I called up it said I had no new voicemails.

I tried clearing app data, cache, force stopping and restarting the phone with no result.

I phone up the carrier voicemail number (O2 for me on 901) and it gave a number of options including how you are notified about voicemails. The one it was set to was display by on-screen notification (or similar wording), I then changed this to be notified by SMS (text message). The on-screen notification instantly went away.

0 Likes