Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 usb-c to aux keeps disconnecting

(Topic created on: 02-03-2022 02:46 PM)
saschanico
First Poster
Options

Dear all,

I connected my S21 to my car speakers using a USB-C to AUX adapter. When playing audio using Spotify, the music stops quite randomly while the playback on the phone keeps going, which suggests to me that the phone is still playing the track but the signal no longer arrives at the speakers, and there is no physical disconnect at any point of the adapter (which works fine with other devices). Here's the thing: The problem doesn't recur when I set the phone to flight mode, so I think some incoming data might disrupt the sound transmission. I suspect it's Bixby or Google Assistant responding to the USB-C adapter somehow, but the screen shows nothing (and I disabled them as much as I could). Any thoughts or ideas? Has anyone else experienced the problem?

Thank you for your help and suggestions.

Sascha

3 REPLIES 3
culrich
First Poster
Options

@saschanico, I had the same problem and I had to buy a USB-C to AUX adapter with a DAC (digital to analog chip). This solved the problem. I bought mine at an airport but they can be found on Amazon. Some people have said you need the Samsung version but mine isn't Samsung and has been working with no problems for 2 months. 

0 Likes
Adam Brezik
Student
Options

These phones don't work at all without DAC, meaning the first cable you had already had to have it, the problem is elsewhere. I have a DAC cable and I have this issue, too.

0 Likes
Adam Brezik
Student
Options

I have the same issue and no idea how to fix but culrich's reply makes me think that some cables don't have this issue. What was the cable you had this issue with? Manufacturer and model?

0 Likes