Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra

(Topic created on: 27-06-2021 02:27 PM)
landzia
Apprentice
Options
So it's been around 5 months since I have my S21 Ultra 5G Exynos (UK) 512gb. Ever since I got my phone which I ordered on the launch it was overheating mainly when recording videos with rear camera. I could get max 20 min of non-stop filming before it overheats and needs to cool down for 10 min before getting another round of 10-15 min recording.
I'm a YouTube and been using this phone almost daily to record videos.

I was hoping with more updates it will solve this issue, but seems like 5 months in there's still exact same issue.
Before you talk about updates - yes I've got them all including one from today.

It's still pretty much impossible to use if you're doing a livestream or shooting longer videos.

It's disappointing to be paying top buck for garbage like this.

So what people had done to solve this issue so far?
I've seen some smarter guys send the phone back within 2 weeks of purchase which I didn't.
I've also seen plenty of people sending for "diagnostics" and coming back with reports "we couldn't detect any issues".

Is there a real solution to this or is it best to just sell it to someone else and buy other phone?
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You should be investing in a device designed for the job. Smart phones may be a jack if all trades but are master of none. Extensive use will always cause heat Phones struggle with heat dissipation because they are so small. Couple that with apps such as Chrome, Facebook etc will lead to issues. The only suggestion phone wise is try airplane mode to reduce some CPU usage.
landzia
Apprentice
Options
Nonsense reply. It's a faulty phone, not related to anything else. Had s8 and s20+ and never had any issues. Been doing exact same things.
When I'm using camera now I have everything switched off through bixby routines.
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If it's faulty return it. I get 2 days out if my Ultra. Remember people can only respond to the information you provide, there was no mention in your opening post about your experience with other devices.
0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
Have you ever taken the advice to perform a full factory reset of the phone and NOT sync your old apps and settings. ?

In the first month or two in January and February I had heat issues... I then decided to not use smart switch to sync any old apps and settings, and i then spent a number of hours installing all the apps from scratch. There were many online comments on forums at the time... about smart sync and incompatibility with One UI3.1 and newer android.

My heat issues disappeared. There was a definate thought at that time of smart switch sync causing older incompatibilities between the android versions and that older software were likely causing issues at that time during Feb/ march.

My suggestion would be... perform a full factory reset don't synchronise anything except your phone numbers... and reinstall all apps from scratch.

You may just find that your heat issues are due to a random incompatibility. !

Regards
Smiley.
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
Gavlee2010
Voyager
Options
That's exactly what I did when I had heat issues and since I did this I've not had any further problems with my ultra. From now onwards I always do a factory reset after every major update.