Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra zoom in photos. Help please

(Topic created on: 18-04-2021 02:52 PM)
DannyWo
Pioneer
Options
Hi there. Can u share please your 108mp photos before and after u zoom in to maximum ( do screenshot please )  - I fell like my photos are not sharp at all .. all of them, no matter what light is and what kind of camera am using... Also no matter where and how far from me object is its looks bad as hell.... 
Been doing some photos with S10+ and some of pics after zoom looks much sharper.....

0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
This problem happened to my Exynos S21 Ultra after the last big software update DannyWo. I rectified it by taking four or five pictures using 108Mp mode but I set the focus and exposure in all these pictures manually by tapping the middle of the camera screen just once. I noticed that these pictures were in sharp focus and allowing full zoom in the image. Whether this kicked started the focus again or the processing or whatever I do not know but I noticed after this that all my auto 108Mp photos were now in sharp focus also. I hope this works for you as it is such a disappointment to get such results from a 108Mp sensor isn't it?. Good luck DannyWo. 👍
DannyWo
Pioneer
Options
Can't really tell the difference in my phone before and after update ( I guess I have exynos too, I live in UK ) because my phone went to warranty ( couldn't zoom x10 or more ) so I never had chance to test camera properly. Also... Optical zoom in 108mp mode looks really bad too... Have u got the same ?

20210418_143924_1555.jpg

20210418_143913_1554.jpg

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I feel the normal 3:4 takes better focus especially as you can then use the optical zoom of the 3x and 10x as to just zooming /cropping on the 108 mp.

Does turning on /off the scene optimiser make any difference.
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
I only use the binned 12Mp mode with the zoom lenses DannyWo to get up and close in my pictures which gives me brilliant results that are MUCH better than zooming in on a 108Mp image. The main point though is from what I believe you only have digital zoom in 108Mp mode?. Which explains why your results are poor mate. 👍

Screenshot_20210418-145425_Samsung Internet.jpg

DannyWo
Pioneer
Options
To be honest I can't remember with photos are with scene optimiser , so can't really tell just now. Most of them are with scene optimiser turned ON. But I remember when I was about to take pic and I turned off scene optimiser just to see the different on screen, photo was a bit brighter with scene optimiser turned ON...
0 Likes
DannyWo
Pioneer
Options
Ok I got you. 💪👍
DannyWo
Pioneer
Options
Last photo is zoomed in -by fingers in photo. . Zoom x10 looks quite fine as is, but when u try zoom already taken photo is really blurry and no sharp at all

Screenshot_20210418-145700_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210418-145553_Camera.jpg

Screenshot_20210418-145540_Camera.jpg

0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
The 108MP mode does not have any optical image zoom. The main sensor is the only capable sensor at producing 108MP shots and therefore any photo taken in this mode will be of the main camera, even the zoomed ones.

You can only use all the other cameras in the 12MP mode (4:3).
DannyWo
Pioneer
Options
I never using zoom in 108mp mode because always looks bad - I guessed it has only digital zoom - and Babishko explained that me clearly.
Point is when am taking photo and trying zoom in on screen already taken photo nothing looking sharp at all . S10+ does better job. I hope photos below gonna explain exactly what I mean .

So I took photo of my back spot where I stay. Then I have zoomed to almost maximum in both photos and S10+ looks much better..

This is not digital or optical zoom! Photos are zoomed in gallery when u looking at already taken photos
Cheers for replays guys !

20210411_155008_227.jpg

20210411_155026_228.jpg

Screenshot_20210411-154826_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210411-154855_Gallery.jpg

0 Likes