Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra - Zoom images

(Topic created on: 06-02-2021 09:57 AM)
Noonsy
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Can anyone help? I've just received the Samsung S21 Ultra 5g and was happy to compromise on size because I was expecting extremely good quality images.

The quality of images above 30x zoom is extremely grainy, nowhere near as good as my PowerShot SX730 HS camera, and with all the ads and hype I was expecting so much more - especially for the price?!

I'm not a professional by any means, but I really enjoy taking wildlife shots and you need to be quick and have a good zoom. I usually carry my phone and camera, but was hoping with the new phone, that my camera would only be needed on specific occasions, not general everyday photography.

Am I doing something wrong - any help greatly appreciated

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
SimonTemplar14
Pioneer
Options
30x has always been the max level with OK quality. above that you lose a lot of quality. just the way it is. seems like you took Samsung marketing BS too seriously. the camera has more serious everyday issues which need to be addressed as a matter of urgency.
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
A phone is simply that - a phone! a built-in camera is a "gimmick" to entice purchasers, and will not always match the expectations of a device specifically intended for a defined purpose, in this case, your PowerShot camera.
DUMITRU79
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi. I am no expert nor i have had the chance to "fiddle" a S21 Ultra , but , i think what you're experiencing is probably because that might be a digital zoom ,not an optical zoom.
On digital zoom, the more you zoom in the less quality you get.