Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 ultra Won't unlock

(Topic created on: 16-09-2022 08:31 AM)
Raystaray
Student
Options
My S21 ultra wont unlock at all. Before it kept restarting and from last night it restarted and it wont unlock even when I type in the password, it just goes black and then comes back to the lock screen. I have tried to restart it by using the volume and power button and it restarts but once it comes back to the lock screen and I enter the password again, it just go black again and goes back to the lock screen. 
Why is this happening and why wont it unlock. I dont want to do factory reset because I have alot of important files that I need keep and I want to back them up but I cant do that without unlocking the phone. Any ideas?
13 REPLIES 13
alishaxrhmn
Journeyman
Options
I'm having the same restarting by itself issue since yday but can still unlock my phone. Been patient but this is definitely related to the last update.
0 Likes
Raystaray
Student
Options
My phone was restarting randomly by itself before the new update as well. I could be on a phone call and it just restarts or playing a game or even when I'm not even using it. But before I could enter my password and it unlocks but now its not unlocking. Don't understand why it keeps happening
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Could be a virus or a dodgy app.

Could try safe mode. Google or watch YouTube how to go about it.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Raystaray: Further to the suggestion above by @GoanGeek, press and hold the Power button until the 'Power off' prompt appears on the screen then release > Touch and hold Power off until the 'Safe mode' prompt appears then release > To confirm, tap Safe mode. 

If the problem persists, try signing in to Find My Mobile on a home computer, using the Samsung account details that are registered to your phone, and you may be able to remotely unlock the device from here (depending on the phone's settings).

https://findmymobile.samsung.com

0 Likes
RedMandeville
First Poster
Options

Hi, @Raystaray I am having the same exact situation as u described with my phone. Were you able to unlock your phone? I too don't want to factory reset it coz of so much data. Let me know if you were able to access your phone. Samsung customer care has no answer for me except the reset option and sorry 😞  TIA

0 Likes
d_galaxy
First Poster
Options

Im having the same issue as well. I cant login to safe mode. I tried findmysamsung but couldnt login that way either... Its really frustrating.

0 Likes
IMattUltra2
First Poster
Options

I'm stuck with this issue - did you ever find a way to fix it? I can't do anything with it 😞

0 Likes
Kaziaharte97
First Poster
Options

Hi, has anyone found a solution for this?

Mine did exactly the same this afternoon, just reset itself and I'm unable to log in.

Everytime I enter my pass code, the screen just goes blank and back to the log in screen.

0 Likes
Bjonge
First Poster
Options

Any luck? Completely stuck here as of today. 

0 Likes