Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra wireless android auto not working

(Topic created on: 24-05-2021 08:33 PM)
Risho
Journeyman
Options
Hi all new to the forum. Has anyone managed to get wireless AA to work?

Yes the car is compatible used wireless apple car play flawlessly until I upgraded.

Just can't seem to get it to work.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers all
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Harveyx1
Helping Hand
Options
Do you have the android auto app on your phone? Also you may need to press and hold on your voice assistant button in the car and say enable android auto pairing
0 Likes
Risho
Journeyman
Options
Hi there thank you for your reply. You don't need to download the app on the s21 ultra it's already on the phone in the settings. Only need the app for older devices and below android 10.

Tried the steering wheel button and it doesn't allow the wireless AA 😔
0 Likes
Harveyx1
Helping Hand
Options
Hm not sure then sorry
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
You might need to update the firmware on the car's head unit. What car have you got, and when was it manufactured?
0 Likes
Risho
Journeyman
Options
Hi Steven thanks for your reply bud. Cars head unit is up to date I checked it yesterday. I work for Skoda and the cars 2months old. Worked flawlessly with my iPhone wireless carplay
0 Likes
Risho
Journeyman
Options
Hi Steven thanks for your reply bud. Cars head unit is up to date I checked it yesterday. I work for Skoda and the cars 2months old. Worked flawlessly with my iPhone wireless carplay
0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
I think VW Group are still behind the curve on wireless AA. I have a 68 plate Ibiza, and find it rather strange that my head unit allows a Bluetooth connection if I'm using the aux connections, but refuses to use the same method for wireless AA.
0 Likes
Risho
Journeyman
Options
Hi Steven,

As a master tech for the VW group I can tell you a 68 plate won't have wireless AA or carplay.. Your are correct it uses Bluetooth but also requires the WiFi to connect wirelesslly.

Just tried a colleagues Samsung s10 and wireless AA worked.. So it's definitely an issue with the s21 ultra
asidscript
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue. My new car has android auto, the hud is fully updated. my s21 is fully updated. aa works via the cable no problem but via the Motorolla Ma1 it does not. the phone is bt paired to the adapter. but when i select the option to connect car with bluetooth and i tap the connected paired adapter, nothing happens. It seems to work fine with an old s10 not sure what settings to change on my s21 ultra. any ideas?