Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Wifi issues

(Topic created on: 01-02-2021 08:22 PM)
Kasim2409
Voyager
Options
So i got my S21 Ultra delivered on Friday and got everything set up however since then i've noticed it's been really slow loading things on my wifi - it's been normal when using mobile data. (i checked on my previous S10+ and it was all okay.) I then did a speedtest and got normal results - around 110mbps download speed but it's still the same slow speed when browsing or using social media such as Instagram for example it takes quite a long time to refresh & load stories. One other thing that has been constant is i keep getting this error pop up on my wifi settings saying Wifi "connected but without internet". I've attached a screenshot aswell. Is anyone else experiencing this problem or know any troubleshoots that can maybe fix this?

37 REPLIES 37
KalyanNS
First Poster
Options

I had similar issue - ( Wifi on my S21 phone was getting disconnected all the time and was not connecting even when I am trying to turn off and turn on Wifi., whenever I used to restart my phone it is used to connect for couple of mins and then was going OFF. ), just now I tried with the below option, and it is working for me now. You may try it., It hardly takes 2 mins.  

Wipe system cache partition

A corrupted system cache partition can cause all kinds of problems including the touch issue. Try clearing the cache partition and see if that fixes the touch issue. To clear the system cache partition, perform the following steps:

• Turn off your phone
  • Connect your phone to the PC via USB
  • Wait until the message shows your phone is being charged
  • Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Power key.
  • Continue to hold both keys until Android Recovery menu options appear
  • Press the Volume down key and navigate to Wipe cache partition
  • Press Power key to select
  • Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Power key to select
  • When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted
  • Press the Power key to restart the device
0 Likes
SmallFish
Helping Hand
Options

Interesting... I have posted on noticing that 4G performance on the S21 is significantly/noticeably worse than a S10!
https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/4g-performance-on-exynos-s21-ultra-is-waaayyy-...

Saami
First Poster
Options
I don't know but I'm also having similar issues with my s21 as for when I check on a speedtest my ping is lower than 20 and when I start playing a game it becomes unplayable and the ping rises to 2000+ ms can someone please give me a solution
thank you 😔😭
0 Likes
THUND3R
First Poster
Options
hey all. I've got the same issue. s21 ultra virgin 350mb home network. 2.4ghz network is fine. 5ghz network will only connect without Internet from coming back home after leaving the network area.
tried everything reset network in phone reset router, reset factory settings. changed 5ghz channel nothing works.
the WiFi on 5ghz works fine after turning WiFi in phone off and on. just so annoying having do do it every time I re enter my house. anyone got any other things to try?
0 Likes
Shempl
First Poster
Options
I had the same issue on my S21 Ultra 5G. Setting the Mac address to phone's mac seems to have done the job. What an annoying bug!
0 Likes
Arvin L
First Poster
Options

My one week old S21 Ultra is having WIFI connection issues at work but no problem with my WIFI at home. At work, I can't get connection at all or sometimes it says "Connected but without internet". I tried all all the solutions mentioned above to no avail. I was so frustrated that whenever I'm at work which is 35 hours a week, I just completely set the work WIFI network to forget and just use my mobile data.  

0 Likes
Psychowboy
Pioneer
Options

I also noticed this and I have also occasionally this wifi problem. Look like I got both.

0 Likes
Lardeson
First Poster
Options

Ok, let me start by saying that this is not a fix, but a workaround.

I know this thread is oldish, but i stumbled upon the same issue recently, as the phone i bought for my mum had the same issue. Mobile data was working fine, but wifi was always without internet.

If mobile data works, then its with the Wifi card itself. If you have another mobile phone that can connect to wifi without issues, then you can connect to wifi on your s21 without issues, just create a Bluetooth hotspot (wifi bridge on some mobiles) on your other phone, activate bluetooth on both, configure name and password. Now go to your samsung s21 and connect to this wifi profile as you'd do normally.

If you dont have a second phone, but you have a Laptop or a table computer, then its the exact same. Depending on your OS, it can be easier or abit tougher to setup a hotspot, but you can always just download and install connectify and easily setup a hotspot on your PC, then connect your samsung s21 to this new network you just created. Both of these should fix your wifi issues at home. It can also be done on a smart TV btw, you can connect your samsung to your smart tv's wifi with WIFI DIRECT. Goodluck everyone :smiling-face:

0 Likes