Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Wifi issues

(Topic created on: 01-02-2021 08:41 PM)
Kasim2409
Voyager
Options
So i got my S21 Ultra delivered on Friday and got everything set up however since then i've noticed it's been really slow loading things on my wifi - it's been normal when using mobile data. (i checked on my previous S10+ and it was all okay.) I then did a speedtest and got normal results - around 110mbps download speed but it's still the same slow speed when browsing or using social media such as Instagram for example it takes quite a long time to refresh & load stories. One other thing that has been constant is i keep getting this error pop up on my wifi settings saying Wifi "connected but without internet". I've attached a screenshot aswell. Is anyone else experiencing this problem or know any troubleshoots that can maybe fix this?

37 REPLIES 37
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
have you reset your router?
0 Likes
Kasim2409
Voyager
Options
sorry i forgot to mention but yeah that was one of the first things i did🤔
0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
I notice that you have one of the networks on your router set to OFF. Can you connect to that channel, and access Internet? Try this (https://downdetector.co.uk/status/virgin-media/) link to establish if Virgin Media are having issues in your area.
0 Likes
Kasim2409
Voyager
Options
yeah it's pretty much the same however when i turn off wifi & reconnect instantly it says connected and then a few minutes later will say "connected without internet" again and so on....
0 Likes
Kasim2409
Voyager
Options
i mentioned above that when doing speedtests the results are normal and show no issues however when you actually go on a browser and search for something it takes forever to load that page 🙃
0 Likes
DVL83
Explorer
Options
I've had this before with other devices. It ended up being the wifi channel the router was using.
I had to open the router settings and choose a channel between 1 and 9 that wasn't currently in use.
0 Likes
Kasim2409
Voyager
Options
Thanks for the info! so i assume that fixed the issue? May i ask what router you have and the channel you switched too for reference😅
0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
it may be that you have a number of devices that are all fighting for bandwidth. if that's not your issue, 'forget your WiFi router, then switch WiFi off in your phone, switch off your router for about a minute, then restart it. Once your router has fully reconnected to Virgin's server (2-3 mins), activate your phone's WiFi, and add the 'new' connection. hopefully, that should sort it.
0 Likes
DVL83
Explorer
Options
It did fix the issue mate. This exact problem was happening when connecting a Ring Doorbell to my router which is the latest Sky hub. My phone was showing as "connected without internet" during the setup.
The channel number won't be relevant as your router will likely be using different channel numbers to mine.
When you put in the IP address to access your router settings, you need to check all the numbers in use and pick a channel that's not being used.
I'm really not sure why this made a difference but this is what I was told to do and it worked so that's good enough for me! Good luck 👍🏻
0 Likes