Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra wifi hotspot constantly disconnects PC

(Topic created on: 04-03-2021 03:00 AM)
Duckofdeath
Explorer
Options

I'm not sure if it's the PC or phone, but I didn't have this issue on my previous phones (Z Flip and Note 9).

When I use the phone as a Wifi hotspot for my PC it constantly disconnects the PC. With intervals of a minute to a few minutes.

I have no power saving settings enabled on the phone.

I've also tried to disable Nearby Device Scanning

I've tried using both 2.4GHz and 5GHz on the phone.

Wifi is naturally switched off on the phone while I use it as a hotspot.

I have the latest firmware on the phone, AUB9. I have updated the Intel AX200 wifi card on my PC to version 22.30.0. PC is running a fully updated Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Duckofdeath
Explorer
Options

Figured it out.

Had to switch the card in the PC from 802.11ax to 802.11ac... 😊

WHATaTOPPER
Voyager
Options
yes one thing I was going to suggest straight away probably maybe something to do with your PC I was going to suggest do you not have any other device capable of Wi-Fi hotspot using the process of elimination you could have found out what the problem was that way are you currently using 5G in your Ultra and interested to find out what space people are getting I'm currently using an S21 Ultra the same device such as providing it is the European Edition
0 Likes
Duckofdeath
Explorer
Options

Had to un-solution this one.

It seemed to work for a while, but it's terrible again. Constantly disconnecting.

It seems like it only happens when on 5G. After switching to LTE-only, it have been stable.

Phone firmware is updated to AUBB now, but same issue as the original post.

Update: The disconnects happens both on 5G and LTE. It happens on both my desktop PC and Surface tablet.

0 Likes
HHudo
First Poster
Options

Same problem, S21 disconnecting PC every few mins. 

Tried changing network type, 2.4 and 5ghz, 802.11ac, ax, ... nothing helped. 

Unbelievable, 2021 and we still can't have reliable wifi hotspot. Shame on you Samsung!

0 Likes
9876_Martyn
Student
Options

Same problem, 2 years and 2 models later on S23 Ultra.  @Samsung????!!!  Constantly disconnects after a minute or two, says that details of the network have changed, and asks for the password again.  Everything except Windows makes a stable connection to the phone, and Windows connects fine to every other WiFi source...?

0 Likes