Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra wide angle with flash.

(Topic created on: 23-01-2022 05:23 AM)
landyacht2018
Apprentice
Options

So after the last mandatory update I can no longer use my flash with the ultra wide angle camera. First of all, I need to use that feature for work because I have to stand in very close proximity to the machines I'm working on and extremely low light conditions so I need to be able to fit the whole machine in the frame and have it well lit. That is literally half the reason I bought this phone was because the camera is going to be good for work. Lastly, I paid for the phone I should get to decide how I use the camera. Because the person who designed the update is closed-minded about photography should not have any bearing on my option to use a flash or not.

15 REPLIES 15
SaKiSore
Student
Options

@AndrewL, Night Mode can't compensate for the lack of flash. We've had flash on cell phones since the pre smartphone era — not having it working (with all lenses 🥴) on a flagship, $1000+ smartphone is a serious design flaw. 

It worked fine on the S20+ but I can see Samsung still haven't fixed the flaw because it's not working on the new S22+ neither — big disappointment. The S20+ had an even wider angle than the S22+. 

When will Samsung come with a software update to fix the problem? 

marcelofsuzuki
First Poster
Options

Same problem here on my S22 Ultra. I'm very disappointed 

0 Likes
SaKiSore
Student
Options

Disturbingly, "Fredrik" from "customer service" acknowledged,  that "Samsung can't tell whether they can make the flash on a $1000+ cell phone work or not". #my_last_samsung

0 Likes
SAVPOURRI
First Poster
Options

Just bought the phone and gonna sell it directly back for the same reason, nice one samsung. And the response of the guy are just super dum, we wan't the flash with ultra wide. Not some naive alternatives

0 Likes
ramphago007
First Poster
Options

It's default so you can't fix it but you can still get such shots using third party apps. I recommend open camera. If you pick cool white balance then your pictures will always come out natural yes in all lens settings like wide or normal. In Samsung camera app if you don't go to pro mode always your pictures on flash will always be warm which isnt good. Hope this hels. Z flip 3 user 

Thewanderingsam
First Poster
Options

I just tried Open Camera after searching for a solution and reading this thread. It's working great so far, you just tap the three dot menu, where it shows the same 3 flash options as the samsung app, plus a "torch mode" option. You switch cameras by tapping the little camera symbol with plus sign next to the photo button. I actually never figured out how to use the ultra-wide camera on the samsung app, unless that's the .6x zoom. I'm going to test out the app to possibly replace the other for everything, but it's definitely a solution to the OP's problem.

I'm on an S21 Ultra.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.sourceforge.opencamera

0 Likes