Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra wide angle with flash.

(Topic created on: 23-01-2022 05:23 AM)
landyacht2018
Apprentice
Options

So after the last mandatory update I can no longer use my flash with the ultra wide angle camera. First of all, I need to use that feature for work because I have to stand in very close proximity to the machines I'm working on and extremely low light conditions so I need to be able to fit the whole machine in the frame and have it well lit. That is literally half the reason I bought this phone was because the camera is going to be good for work. Lastly, I paid for the phone I should get to decide how I use the camera. Because the person who designed the update is closed-minded about photography should not have any bearing on my option to use a flash or not.

15 REPLIES 15
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
Did you press the install button when it asked you to update
G G
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@landyacht2018: I'm sorry to hear of your disappointment. As a workaround, have you considered enabling Night Mode by swiping over to More > Night Mode, as this can be used with the Ultra Wide camera lens, and should allow enough light into the resulting image in the absence of the flash. 

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Wow.. Interesting.. Never clocked that and also not available in Pro mode as well. Naughty Samsung.

Not sure if it's got anything to do with flare.
landyacht2018
Apprentice
Options

I have considered it but if you know anything about how that feature works it requires you to hold this camera very still so it can continue to collect light from the same source without getting blurry or distorted image. While I'm standing in these commercial buildings and addicts in crawl spaces where I'm balancing on 2x4s to try to not fall through the ceiling it's kind of hard to hold my camera still enough for that feature to work. I appreciate the suggestion but I don't understand why they can't just allow me to use my flash when I want to use my flash. It's pretty ridiculous actually. At least in promo give me an option to turn it on or off.

0 Likes
landyacht2018
Apprentice
Options

How did you figure that out...? Mind blown. From what my phone has told me every time I postpone or try to cancel an update, I only get so many chances to postpone it before it automatically applies the update.  In other words you can only say no so many times. 

0 Likes
landyacht2018
Apprentice
Options

Every time I try to postpone an update my phone tells me that I can only postpone so many times before they just automatically apply the update. If I'm mistaken in that, if there's some way I can just deny those updates all together, by all means please educate me. 

0 Likes
landyacht2018
Apprentice
Options

Samsung? Are you there? So since you're only suggestion is to use night mode, which won't work in my situation, would you please just give my phone the ability to use the flash in any mode. Or am I going to need to unlock and root my phone? Somebody please respond to me. I'm rapidly getting ready to switch to Apple.

0 Likes
landyacht2018
Apprentice
Options

So what are my options as far as enabling my flash so that I can continue to use a Galaxy product instead of switch to Apple which I really don't want to do. If I root my phone will I be able to enable it? Please tell me what steps I can take to correct this.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@landyacht2018: Sadly, as it stands, it is not possible to enable your cameras flash while in Ultra Wide mode. Looking at it from a design standpoint, as this lens is typically used to capture panoramic scenes at a distance, the flash would not be effective. Have you tried setting the aspect to 'Full' and capturing images in landscape with the flash enabled, to see if you're able to get everything you need in the shot? 

0 Likes