Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Wi-Fi problem (Connected without internet)

(Topic created on: 23-02-2021 04:21 PM)
Matija_Oblak
Apprentice
Options

Hello.

I have a problem with my S21 ultra when I connect to the internet via any Wifi. No matter what I try it always starts to lag and after few minutes it shows "Connected without internet" and an exclamation mark on the wifi sign. I tried with different routers, with different settings, at different places with different ISP, the problem presists. I read somewhere that I could try clearing the cache and forgetting and reconnecting back to the same wifi networks, it did not help. I even tried turning my phone OFF and ON again million times. The only thing that helps is turning wifi off and then on. But after few minutes the problem comes back. Is this a software problem and it will be fixed or is it something hardware and I should send it back for repairs?

Phone S21 Ultra 5G
Model number: SM-G998B/DS
On the last update from 15 february

S21_Wifi_problem.jpg

39 REPLIES 39
TheWho
Student
Options

did you find a solution?

0 Likes
hexrays
First Poster
Options

Funny that my issue was only on the 5gHz wi-fi. My 2.4gHz had no issue with access to the internet.

The following resolution seems to have worked for me;

To troubleshoot this issue please head to Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi > Tap the cog symbol to the right of your router > Forget > Back > Toggle Wi-Fi off and on again > Select your router from the list of available connections, and run through the connection steps. Now, go to Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi > Tap the cog next to your router > Advanced > MAC Address Type, and set this to Phone MAC. 

0 Likes
hexrays
First Poster
Options

Cancel the above post. It seems that changing the MAC address to phone did not fix the issue

0 Likes
kellikelly
Student
Options

I too have this issue.   Verizon had replaced my phone 2 times. I'm on my 3rd Galaxy S21 since December 2021. I've reset, factory reset....nothing works. There is SOMETHING VERY WRONG WITH this phone.  I have Samsung Galaxy S22.  I have Samsung galaxy S7 FE 5G brand new tablet. Also Samsung  galaxy S10 and Samsung galaxy tablet 2016 .  Non of my other devices has this problem. Non of them connect with out internet...non of my other devices have an issue with data....data works fine.  Wifi works perfect.  This is a S21 problem....and I'm so frustrated!!!!

I'm sick and tired of reststarting my phone....because I get CONNECTED WITHOUT INTERNET...because everything stops working.  I can't use Google search...Google maps...check email unless I turn my phone off and on. tthe data should kuck in and take over....BUT NOOOOOO!  Data doesn't work!  Unless I restart my phone....then data will work. Ugh!!!!

There is NO SeNSE to keep calling Verizon....spending and hour or more on the phone....for nothing....and NO SENSE HAVING VERIZON  send me yet again another new used phone!

Samsung. What the heck !!!????

0 Likes
kellikelly
Student
Options

It won't work!!

0 Likes
Fuzzypeaches
First Poster
Options

Awesome to see that almost 2 years later and no fix from Samsung...

0 Likes
Turbopowr
First Poster
Options

I'm a little late to this discussion, but this was also my issue when my S21 Ultra was connected to 5gz on my router. Disabled the 160Mhz band (Still uses 80Mhz) and so far I'm on day 3 with no issue, where prior to the change I'd get the annoying "connected without internet" message at least hourly.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Partita
Pathfinder
Options

Try reset internet.

0 Likes
faithreality
First Poster
Options

To this day I'm still having issues with the s21 I've tried literally everything to no result it got to the point I factory restarted the phone and put it in a box and went back to my broken s8 (at least it doesnt randomly disconnect me from the internet) This issue is quite bad and I'm quite disappointed for saying this is legit my first "newest" phone I've gotten and now I gotta put it away since doesn't wanna stay connected.

If theres any fixes please tell me I've tried everything and at this point I'm just saving for a new phone hoping the ***** thing has fixed the issue

0 Likes
BrianFL
First Poster
Options

I have this issue but I found a work around that's at least better than restarting the phone or router every time. 

I drag down the top of the screen and hold the Wifi icon until it disables, then wait for the the Gray popup to appear and disappear then I re-enable Wifi. 

This resets my phone connection instantly. If you turn it back on too soon it won't fix the issue so wait for the popup . 

0 Likes