Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Wi-Fi problem (Connected without internet)

(Topic created on: 23-02-2021 04:21 PM)
Matija_Oblak
Apprentice
Options

Hello.

I have a problem with my S21 ultra when I connect to the internet via any Wifi. No matter what I try it always starts to lag and after few minutes it shows "Connected without internet" and an exclamation mark on the wifi sign. I tried with different routers, with different settings, at different places with different ISP, the problem presists. I read somewhere that I could try clearing the cache and forgetting and reconnecting back to the same wifi networks, it did not help. I even tried turning my phone OFF and ON again million times. The only thing that helps is turning wifi off and then on. But after few minutes the problem comes back. Is this a software problem and it will be fixed or is it something hardware and I should send it back for repairs?

Phone S21 Ultra 5G
Model number: SM-G998B/DS
On the last update from 15 february

S21_Wifi_problem.jpg

39 REPLIES 39
zalien
First Poster
Options

For me the culprit was security policy that was set when I installed M$ Defender (had to do it to get access to tools from my work). Anyway it turns out Defender turns on a MAC randomizer on the phone and since my router has MAC filtering it was causing me to not be able to get internet access even thou it worked fine previously. The fix in my case was to go to my WiFi network information/settings on the phone - scroll to show more - then scroll to the bottom for MAC type setting and change it to "This Phone's MAC" (it may be different text, as my S21 is not in english language). I only noticed it by chance, after 2h of struggle 😕
Anyway other settings in this menu can also be the culprit for you guys. For example if you are using DHCP or a static IP, or DNS addresses. All those settings you guys should check if are correct.

agpur
Explorer
Options

I have the same connection problem of Wifi on my Samsung S21 Ultra, especiale after updare 5 March 2022. I tried to hard reset and needed hours to back up and to restore it, but there is no postitif result.

What is happened? Please hellp Samsung!

0 Likes
Members_J8AB7UO
Apprentice
Options

After the latest update I am facing the same problem. Most wifi are unusable with many disconnects and I have tried everything mentioned above. S21 ultra. This is terrible and unacceptable for a device of this cost 

0 Likes
Members_J8AB7UO
Apprentice
Options

People are posting here for so many months for the specific problem, and no fix has been found. This is supposed to be the flagship phone, were is the customer service? 

aswoff
Student
Options

Over a year now for such an impactful bug is unacceptable. 

Members_J8AB7UO
Apprentice
Options

I will go to a service point and if they don't manage to fix it am selling this phone and never come back to Samsung. 

Members_ohX1WvC
First Poster
Options

Did anyone manage to fix this issue, i am unable to use wifi the as the connection is so intermittent 

Damien O
First Poster
Options

Have to provision 4-5 of the Australian (Exynos) S20, S21, and S22 a day at work. On average half of the handsets I provision have this issue. Some handsets I put back in the cupboard and turn them back on the next day and it works. If I had to factor a guess I'd suggest that this is even more evidence that the Exynos chipsets are total garbage. 

0 Likes
Jimiwashere
First Poster
Options

Thank you! I was using my phone as a Hotspot for work and my IT dept had to remote in to adjust MS Defender so I could access certain certificates. Since then then only time my data worked was when making a phone call, then internet would work perfect. I knew a setting had changed, US Cellular couldn't help, so thank God I found your response! 

0 Likes
TheWho
Student
Options

I have the same problem + on mobile data some application (like spotify), can't connect to internet.

this is a real issue and the service customer doesn't seem to do anything!!