Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Wi-Fi problem (Connected without internet)

(Topic created on: 12-04-2021 07:09 PM)
Matija_Oblak
Apprentice
Options

Hello.

I have a problem with my S21 ultra when I connect to the internet via any Wifi. No matter what I try it always starts to lag and after few minutes it shows "Connected without internet" and an exclamation mark on the wifi sign. I tried with different routers, with different settings, at different places with different ISP, the problem presists. I read somewhere that I could try clearing the cache and forgetting and reconnecting back to the same wifi networks, it did not help. I even tried turning my phone OFF and ON again million times. The only thing that helps is turning wifi off and then on. But after few minutes the problem comes back. Is this a software problem and it will be fixed or is it something hardware and I should send it back for repairs?

Phone S21 Ultra 5G
Model number: SM-G998B/DS
On the last update from 15 february

S21_Wifi_problem.jpg

39 REPLIES 39
theroninhunter
Pathfinder
Options
It's related to using the 120Mhz channel on your router, I'd imagine it's software related on the phone.
Ramesh786
Apprentice
Options

Hey do you know how to rectify it..i am using 5ghz router though but onlunmy phone is getting this problem not others at home. What do you mean by120mhz channel

0 Likes
Ramesh786
Apprentice
Options

As i checked i max is 40mhz only so i dont know whats the issue here

0 Likes
Eyeson
Apprentice
Options

Thanks Andrew, it works 

Psychowboy
Pioneer
Options

I have the same model number with the same problem. The problem not always happening, just occasionally, but it still annoying. 

0 Likes
5ta1da
Pathfinder
Options

No custom DNS set? (for ads filtering maybe) Check that setting too.

0 Likes
Members_VVZaRLh
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the information these steps helped me.

0 Likes
Members_27RnwPR
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same issue since the last software update on my S21 5G, I have tried all the steps you have suggested but still no good.

All other devices in my household are connected to my WiFi router and Internet with no issue.

0 Likes
Subtil007
First Poster
Options

Hello, 

Same issues here since the last update ! Connected without Internet on my home wifi

I tried all your configuration tips and it didnt work for me.

All my other devices are well connected..... including an old Samsung S10+ phone.

Come on Samsung what are you doing ? you're selling us "smart wifi" but you are unable to provide the basics for wifi connection in 2022 !!! are you kidding ? 

This is just unacceptable...... Should I go back to Apple Smartphone ?

aswoff
Student
Options

My router doesn't have 120Mhz channel, but I have the issue.

0 Likes