Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Wi-Fi problem (Connected without internet)

(Topic created on: 23-02-2021 06:56 PM)
Matija_Oblak
Apprentice
Options

Hello.

I have a problem with my S21 ultra when I connect to the internet via any Wifi. No matter what I try it always starts to lag and after few minutes it shows "Connected without internet" and an exclamation mark on the wifi sign. I tried with different routers, with different settings, at different places with different ISP, the problem presists. I read somewhere that I could try clearing the cache and forgetting and reconnecting back to the same wifi networks, it did not help. I even tried turning my phone OFF and ON again million times. The only thing that helps is turning wifi off and then on. But after few minutes the problem comes back. Is this a software problem and it will be fixed or is it something hardware and I should send it back for repairs?

Phone S21 Ultra 5G
Model number: SM-G998B/DS
On the last update from 15 february

S21_Wifi_problem.jpg

39 REPLIES 39
AndrewL
Options

@Matija_Oblak: To troubleshoot this issue please head to Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi > Tap the cog symbol to the right of your router > Forget > Back > Toggle Wi-Fi off and on again > Select your router from the list of available connections, and run through the connection steps. Now, go to Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi > Tap the cog next to your router > Advanced > MAC Address Type, and set this to Phone MAC. If the issue persists, please try pressing the Volume Down and Power buttons together for around 10 seconds until the phone restarts, as this will refresh the software and address any issues that might be a contributing factor. I'd also recommend resetting your router to ensure that there are no temporary network issues. 

If you are still unable to connect then please head to Settings > General Management > Reset > Reset Network Settings. You may also wish to try Settings > Location > Google Location Accuracy > Off, to see if this helps.

Eliza47
Explorer
Options
I'm getting the same problem:-(
Matija_Oblak
Apprentice
Options

I will try this and get back with an answer. For now its holding....i will check tommorow when i get in range of some other routers.

0 Likes
Matija_Oblak
Apprentice
Options

Try the options AndrewL wrote. More people check them faster we will check if any of those help. 

0 Likes
Shaun82
First Poster
Options
Same issue started this morning for me after a software update. From what I've read the software update today was to fix a battery drain issue and this update has now caused a WiFi issue. Having to rely on mobile internet instead, thank goodness for 5g. Hoping will be rectified in next update as annoying.
0 Likes
Spinakker
First Poster
Options

I've had exactly the same issue with my S21 Ultra and the Bixby Routines were the culprit. I didn't have anything set up (so if you do, make sure you remove it) but once I disabled it in the Settings - Advanced Features, the whole Wi-Fi problem is gone. I used to have it twice everyday, now it's been second day without any issues whatsoever.

theroninhunter
Pathfinder
Options

Just to chip in and say I've got this issue too and @Spinakker  My Bixby Routines are disabled but still encounter this issue 😞

0 Likes
Eyeson
Apprentice
Options

Thank you

0 Likes
Ramesh786
Apprentice
Options

Hi i am facing the same issue wifi connected but no internet ..onky when i switch off phones wifi and on its connecting..it happening twice or thrice a day may i knkw whats the reason..its software or hardware issue??