Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Whatsapp Group Notifications

(Topic created on: 09-05-2021 09:16 AM)
Jemstar
First Poster
Options

I want to have silent Whatsapp notifications for all my WhatsApp Groups. 

I have tried every combination of settings in the WhatsApp settings and app notification settings, but it still insists on playing my default notification sound for every message from my WhatsApp Groups...

Any help greatly appreciated...

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I just put the notification volume to zero, yes that means I don't get any notification sounds. Which works for me.
0 Likes
millsy360
Journeyman
Options
Why don't you try muting the groups and it will only send you a notification when someone tags you in a message. To mute you just hold on the conversation before going into it and you'll see a speaker show at the top you then get options to do it for a hours or forever lol
0 Likes
Jemstar
First Poster
Options

Thanks for replying

But when you spend over a thousand euro on a phone and it can't use the standard notifications for the biggest messaging app in the world, you are entitled to expect that there is a better solution

0 Likes
millsy360
Journeyman
Options
Think I must have what you want confused as I thought you said you wanted silent notifications, unless you mute a whats app group you can still get the notifications to show even when muted. I wouldn't say this is a samsung issue though as it would be the same on any phone with whats app.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Jemstar: I'd recommend checking Settings > Apps > Whatsapp > Notifications > Select a subheading > Silent > Sound > Silent. Do this for all available subheadings and you should be good to go. If the issue persists, please check the in-app notification settings to see if you're able to mute your notifications from here. 

0 Likes
Jemstar
First Poster
Options

Screenshot_20210509-093137_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20210509-093405_Settings.jpg

Here are my settings. 

0 Likes