Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra video recording quality exynos

(Topic created on: 21-02-2021 01:54 PM)
hammer
Explorer
Options
Sorry if this has already been posted but anyone else notice grain/noise when shooting 4k30 & 4k60 video in average lighting conditions? I think this may be due to the fact that the bitrate is a bit lower than it should be. I have noticed that the average bitrate is higher when using pro video compared to the normal video recording mode therefore quality is a bit better, only problem is you can't use the telephoto modes in pro video. If samsung could increase the bitrate by 25% that would make a great difference. 
21 REPLIES 21
DanteIce
Apprentice
Options

100% Software issues since the SOC/ISP is more than capable of recording 4K60 Fps at at least 50 mbps to look good .. not 20-25 what it's doing now.. that's like 1080p footage to look good 😞

Also if you have the S21 Plus use the zoom feature.. check the quality with 1.8X zoom it looks super crisp.. and if you go to 1.9 or 2.0 the quality look like a NOKIA N73 :winking-face: Hate my device sometimes 

0 Likes
K Dimov
Helping Hand
Options

@DanteIce what are you talking about? I only shoot video at 4K60. See the bitrate of a recently shot oneScreenshot_20211108-120250_MediaInfo.jpg

Current: S24 Ultra 512GB Titanium Violet | Old: S21 Ultra 256GB Phantom Black
0 Likes