Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra video recording quality exynos

(Topic created on: 22-02-2021 03:21 PM)
hammer
Explorer
Options
Sorry if this has already been posted but anyone else notice grain/noise when shooting 4k30 & 4k60 video in average lighting conditions? I think this may be due to the fact that the bitrate is a bit lower than it should be. I have noticed that the average bitrate is higher when using pro video compared to the normal video recording mode therefore quality is a bit better, only problem is you can't use the telephoto modes in pro video. If samsung could increase the bitrate by 25% that would make a great difference. 
21 REPLIES 21
hammer
Explorer
Options
I have attached some screenshots of mediainfo 1st is pro video with higher bit rate and 2nd is in normal video mode.

Screenshot_20210221-142228_MediaInfo.jpg

Screenshot_20210221-142221_MediaInfo.jpg

Babishko
Hotshot
Options
My S21 ultra Exynos is EXACTLY the same hammer and this is a real disappointment to me as my two year old Note 9 shoots better 4K 60fps in average lighting. The S21 has better stabilization and HDR though for sure. The hardware is all there to shoot fantastic video but the software is miles off in my opinion and I hope updates can get the phone camera performing as it should be.. My phone shoots excellent photos though I must say. The video quality really disappoints me though hammer as it seems to disappoint you. Any shaded areas are just a noisy mushy mess at the moment.
NB
Pioneer
Options
Try avoiding auto features and use Pro mode. Use conventional methods for camera settings for shooting both JPG and videos.

I am worried about pixel richness more than anything. when I enlarge a picture... colour ls lose its quality.
Vetri
Voyager
Options
very well said, my experience has been the same
K Dimov
Helping Hand
Options

FHD@60fps is so bad indoors. Lots of smoothing that its borderline to smudging. Was shooting my cats and I could clearly see it on their fur. So much loss of detail. This compared to the Snapdragon is a criminal act by Samsung! Why people still give them a pass when they scr3w is like this?!?!

Current: S24 Ultra 512GB Titanium Violet | Old: S21 Ultra 256GB Phantom Black
0 Likes
hammer
Explorer
Options
Yh it's not good enough there have been multiple updates since release but nothing to improve video recording so I will be going back to my iphone12 as it provides a more consistent experience.
0 Likes
K Dimov
Helping Hand
Options

@hammer too bad to hear you will be going back to apple... but considering the situation, I can clearly understand your reasoning. Sadly for me, I am way past my cooling period and I will be stuck with this waiting for Samdung to fix it... maybe, hopefully, one day ...

Current: S24 Ultra 512GB Titanium Violet | Old: S21 Ultra 256GB Phantom Black
0 Likes
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Here is what woeful bit rate I was getting out of the box on my S21 Ultra hammer.

Screenshot_20210223-163034_MX Player Pro.jpg

hammer
Explorer
Options
your bit rate is lower due to recording in 1080p resolution at 4k30 with HEVC on it's around 22Mb/s which is too low. Seems like the exynos ISP is not as good as the snapdragon 888 one.
0 Likes