Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s21 ultra video quality issues post latest update AUB9

(Topic created on: 22-02-2021 09:45 PM)
Ocebir
Pioneer
Options
The s21 ultra video recording has been so disappointing coming from an s10e makes me want to go back.. I have attached a screen recording of various resolution modes on video view finder and i think the recording speaks for itself but i will highlight it very quickly. The only usable resolution and fps are as follows FHD 30fps and UHD 30fps. Let me start with supersteady mode.. ergh unusable quality has taken me back 10 years... and with UHD 60fps and FHD 60fps you can see a huge quality drop versus 30fps
28 REPLIES 28
Mimo40
Helping Hand
Options
can i ask did you clear phone cache after the update?
Ocebir
Pioneer
Options
I have wiped cache partition and reset camera. This is also my second device the first one was a lot worse than this. Once my attached video is processed you will see how shambolic it is. Just for reference I had my s10e for two years and until i bought my s21 ultra I didn't even know what wiping cache partition was because I never needed to lol
Vetri
Voyager
Options
I have exactly the same issues and I've gone as far as doing a factory reset and still no luck. the videos are grainy and 10x zoom automatically switches to digital zoom which then produces smudgy pictures. Samsung rushed the release without a proper QC it looks like
Vetri
Voyager
Options
😂 same here, never I thought I would have to learn all these after spending £1200
Ocebir
Pioneer
Options
It is just a really bad service. 4 updates since release maybe more all refer to camera updates so clearly they are aware that they f**ked up but at the same time these updates have not improved anything and at the price they are selling these devices for that is unacceptable.
Mimo40
Helping Hand
Options
ah yes see what you mean I know sometimes some updates can cause problems with old files thats why i thought i would ask. and i tried mine but i think the steady hand made it worse im hopefully being software related that they will iron out the issues with some more updates.
0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
ok... this is just my opinion and maybe i may look at this scenario different from some others...

This phone has not even been out a month. There are clearly some software issues upon release, as there are also with almost all new released phones. just take a look on the Note21 ultra, and the S20 ultra pages and you see a very similar pattern of complaints during the first month or so... and complaints with alternate vendors phones during initial weeks after release.

When I bought my S10 plus 2 years ago...there were similar heat issues... software bugs... it was all forgotten about after a 6 to 8 week period.

We are in a lockdown. The world is a pretty painful place still. We can't go on holiday to take nice pics. We are spending most of our lives either stuck indoors and occasionally going to work.

Yes, I have seen some issues with super steady mode video which in my phone seem to have fixed with AUB9. However I have also experienced new problem things like the 10x zoom now has a problem.

Is it really a big burden to just give Samsung a little time to fix these problems ?? . The next update might fix most of these bugs...

or if you truly cannot tolerate waiting to take a few photos for a week or two, then maybe you should complain direct to samsung customer service and return your handset.

looking at this video that has been posted, of shooting a coffee table in a pretty awful lighting conditions and then scrolling through modes continually is hardly a great test for a camera. I am not sure what to expect from a camera... magic ??

There are some laws of physics in photography and imagery that need to be abided to get decent images... taking a video of a coffee table in a bad lighting from 3 foot away is hardly a great test !

perhaps a suggestion might be a good idea to go outside and shoot some proper video / photos in a variety of daylight, sunny, poor light, night mode before making your final decisions of a sub standard quality.

personally I have found the cameras have performed pretty decent in most usage... but I do agree that there are definately some issues that remain... and some problems have been reintroduced and some problems have been improved.

please just have a little patience !!

Smiley.
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
For me Ocebir the video quality on my 512Gb S21 Ultra has been the biggest letdown ESPECIALLY in low light where 4K 60fps video looks so grainy and mushy that it is an embarrassment. My Note 9 genuinely shoots better 4K 60fps video in low light despite it's now semi antiquated hardware. The hardware on the S21 ultra is light years ahead so is it just a case of woeful software and how easy can this problem be fixed?. My phone is of course the cursed Exynos version. It is a shame as mine shoots BRILLIANT photos in every scenario. It takes my breath away in this department. Shame it is puke inducing material video wise.. 😡😡🤢
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
I wish I could be more like you Smiley and see reason and positivity in the long term picture but lockdown has made me and a lot of other people out here little maelstroms of anxiety and mild paranoia and if it were not for this forum to vent our frustrations upon and find kinship in our collective woe and angst and mild fury then some of us would be going bananas and reeking our bloodlust and vengeance out on the unsuspecting world!.. Oh Chr#$t listen to me. I think I need a f*ck!ng Ovaltine. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤪🤪