Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Video Freezing / Lagging

(Topic created on: 23-04-2022 09:19 PM)
Nagrenol
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

In the last last month or so when I play video's on YouTube/Instagram etc there's maybe a 3 second pause where the sound plays and then the video catches up.

It happens randomly but often enough it's extremely annoying.

Tried all the usual reset/cache clears, uninstalled apps, checked my old Huawei P30 which still functions perfect and no change.

Now I've also noticed once or twice when recording a video, it looks like im recording it in 20 fps etc even when on 1080p/60fps settings (not the 4k one, which never looks good tbh)

I've looked on the forums and seen multiple posts from people about similar issues going back to Oct/Nov last year.

Contacted support today and all I got was: 

Since the issue occurred after installing the latest software update, possible that this issue is caused by a minor software glitches from the recent update. In this case, we do highly suggest to send an error reports directly to our software developers through Samsung members application. This will allow them to further isolate what is causing the issue and will definitely come up with an update to rectify the issue.

I got the phone for myself mid Sep 2021 as birthday gift to myself. Never had a flagship phone and wanted to jump up from the Hauwei P3O which has been great in the time I've had it.

So blowing out 1300 euros, 30 for a plug, 50 for a power brick and another 279 for the watch.. I've invested plenty in Samsung as a first time customer. 

I've tried to deal with the rubbish battery life (it amazes me that they say the way to get longer battery life is basically turn everything on your phone off) but this is ridiculous.

I've only dealt with Samsung support once prior to this and they were so horrendous  to deal with.

Is this 'expected behavior' with them and their products?

19 REPLIES 19
SandyBo
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for raising this issue - I'm having the same issue - can hear audio but wait for 5 seconds or more sometimes for video to render - just shows frozen still or black screen 

0 Likes
Maverick
First Poster
Options

Yes same here on the s21 ultra.? Irritating to the core... Video freeze but audio has its own mind 

Samsung fix this ASAP... 

0 Likes
Members_o9YBQfX
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue on my S215G, and it started about one month ago. The latest updates (yesterday) both for the phone and the YouTube app did not fix it.

I will try a factory reset in the next few weeks. This is so annoying.

Doodse
First Poster
Options

Hi. I tried going to Apps > YouTube > Storage > Clear Data and then went to Playstore > Settings > Network Preferences > Auto-update apps > selected Don't auto-update apps. Worked for me. Not sure for how long though.

UPDATE: Still working for me. Whenever there are Playstore updates, don't update YouTube until there's a fix.

SandyBo
Apprentice
Options

Thanks - yes - I actually deleted the latest YouTube update and "rolled back" to the precious version and that seems to have solved it for the time being 

SandyBo
Apprentice
Options

Try delete latest YouTube update also - I did this and deleted the latest YouTube update / "rolled back" to the precious version and that seems to have solved it for the time being 

Members_Gj0KNpe
First Poster
Options

I have same problem up here on S21

Nagrenol
Journeyman
Options

This is all they will say

" Please allow me to explain that we have checked this already and confirmed that this is software issue. We apologise for any inconvenience that this has caused you. No worries, our software team is already working on it and will make sure that the next software update will fix the bug. A software update will very soon available. We appreciate your understanding. "

This is complete trash

0 Likes
Nagrenol
Journeyman
Options

😶

0 Likes
Members_dfo61XC
First Poster
Options

This freezing problem is driving me nuts, i have been advocating for sumsung for years but bowy they better fix this cause i am not just gonna leave sumsung...i'm gon make sure everyone i know also leave it with me.

0 Likes