Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Video Freezing / Lagging

(Topic created on: 23-04-2022 09:19 PM)
Nagrenol
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

In the last last month or so when I play video's on YouTube/Instagram etc there's maybe a 3 second pause where the sound plays and then the video catches up.

It happens randomly but often enough it's extremely annoying.

Tried all the usual reset/cache clears, uninstalled apps, checked my old Huawei P30 which still functions perfect and no change.

Now I've also noticed once or twice when recording a video, it looks like im recording it in 20 fps etc even when on 1080p/60fps settings (not the 4k one, which never looks good tbh)

I've looked on the forums and seen multiple posts from people about similar issues going back to Oct/Nov last year.

Contacted support today and all I got was: 

Since the issue occurred after installing the latest software update, possible that this issue is caused by a minor software glitches from the recent update. In this case, we do highly suggest to send an error reports directly to our software developers through Samsung members application. This will allow them to further isolate what is causing the issue and will definitely come up with an update to rectify the issue.

I got the phone for myself mid Sep 2021 as birthday gift to myself. Never had a flagship phone and wanted to jump up from the Hauwei P3O which has been great in the time I've had it.

So blowing out 1300 euros, 30 for a plug, 50 for a power brick and another 279 for the watch.. I've invested plenty in Samsung as a first time customer. 

I've tried to deal with the rubbish battery life (it amazes me that they say the way to get longer battery life is basically turn everything on your phone off) but this is ridiculous.

I've only dealt with Samsung support once prior to this and they were so horrendous  to deal with.

Is this 'expected behavior' with them and their products?

19 REPLIES 19
AndrewL
Options

@Nagrenol: I'm sorry to hear of your disappointment regarding the issues you're experiencing with your galaxy S21 Ultra. Please be aware that the audio syncing problem is due to be addressed in a software update, however you can apply a workaround in the meantime via the steps below. 

Head to Settings > Sounds and Vibration > Separate App Sound > Turn On Now > App > YouTube > Audio Device > Bluetooth Device, then restart your phone. 

Let me know if this helps. 

0 Likes
Nagrenol
Journeyman
Options

By taking that action, would that not mean I would have to have an audio device such as my bluetooth buds/headphones connected?

What is the time frame on the actual fix

Nagrenol
Journeyman
Options

@AndrewL 

By taking that action, would that not mean I would have to have an audio device such as my bluetooth buds/headphones connected?

What is the time frame on the actual fix for this. This isn't a new issue and people have been dealing with it for some time now

"problem is due to be addressed in a software update" is about as vague as you can get. Again given this is a 1300 euro device, that's not an acceptable answer and right now this device is not fit for purpose. 

Also its great how despite my detailed message everything else I stated was glossed over.

I'm not the sit and wait type person especially when it comes to that much money and the already horrendously bad support from Samsung. I understand in the tech wold things happen/break and might take time to resolve.. however when the accompanying support, or lack of it as it were adds to the issue then im out. 

I'm checking on the return options for this phone now and just going to go back to oneplus or hauwei like I was previously.  

Nagrenol
Journeyman
Options

Confirms forum support is pretty much on par with chat/email support.. ie of no use

Well done... ill get some random email  in a few weeks asking if Ive tried to turn it off and on again from the other lot or just give the same copy paste reply of 'it'll be fixed soon'

Overpriced junk coupled with terrible support.. standard for these companies

Nagrenol
Journeyman
Options
0 Likes
mondilei
First Poster
Options

Hey, thx for opening up this topic. I tried the workaround and it is not working and it's quite annoying. Hope there is a solution soon @AndrewL 

Nagrenol
Journeyman
Options

@AndrewL 

funny I get auto emails asking if my issue has been answered yet no one will actually respond with anything of use or worth

Members_MnJWfn1
First Poster
Options

Thanks for flagging this I'm having the same issue and it's really annoying. Iv been looking everywhere for a answer to this question and get absolutely nothing I hope it gets resolved soon don't really expect this when paying for such a expensive phone 

SandyBo
Apprentice
Options

I have the exact same issue happening to me the last week or so. I also purchased my device cash in the last quarter of 2021 as an extravagant gift to myself and also spent a fortune on the Samsung watch and accessories etc and this video lag issue is extremely disappointing

0 Likes