Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S21 Ultra USB C Headphones not working

(Topic created on: 31-03-2021 02:39 PM)
Kelsaor
Journeyman
Options

Got a new S21 Ultra a few days ago, and I am noticing some odd behaviour with my USB C headset.

The headphones seem to work fine with calls.

With media/apps - Often with the headphone plugged in, the audio comes out the phone's main speaker. Disconnecting the usb c and reconnecting it usually forces the audio to switch to the headset.

However, if I pause video/audio for more than a few seconds or switch apps the audio jumps back to the main speaker.

I do get an android notification saying "USB device not recognised" when it stops working.

Go to solution
38 REPLIES 38
JJulia
First Poster
Options
Hey @Jaychew90 that makes sense expect my Samsung ear phones that came with the phone also are not supported yet a random pair of ear phones are.
0 Likes
jaychew90
Apprentice
Options

I didn't know S21 phones come with earphone in the box. Mine just came with the USB C to USB C cable. And the SIM tray pin..lol

0 Likes
PeterGreenford
Pioneer
Options
I actually use a headphone dac,and even with this the headphones are at least 70% less loud than my Sony Xperia 1, unless your using wireless then there is no get around, the output through the USB C is probably the worst on the market
metacomet
Student
Options

Peter, yes I have bought a dac adapter also, and it has dasticaly improved sound quality thru my Sony MDR-XB50AP wired headphone. Is there any wieless solutions to improving souns out of the Samsung phone?

0 Likes
Members_eFdB4vc
First Poster
Options

Thank you!!!

I was getting a little frustrated while reading all of this, but you finally was the sun after the rain brother 😁.

And for everyone else, if you search on eBay for a dongle, make sure it has a DAC! 😁 

sorka
Student
Options

Having the opposite problem with my S22+ and my usb plantronics headset. The headset has 24 bit dacs built in. On my S10+, the headset works for media including zoom meetings and such but will not be recognized for regular calls. Again, works fine on S10+ but not S22+. The headset is USB and does not have analog so it's nothing like needing a dongle adapter with a dac. Despite mentioning this in other threads, those that try to help seem to miss the fact that these are not analog headphones.

0 Likes
MrsWB
Journeyman
Options
I have been experiencing the same issue. I use a aux jack into a aux to usb c adapter to play music in my car, it has now stopped working, or will work for a short while, then the songs start playing out of my phone instead! So infuriating. Have used different cables and still happens
0 Likes
nayyyyyyyyyyy
First Poster
Options
Did you manage to fix this problem? I have the same issue and can't figure out the problem
0 Likes
bugster
First Poster
Options
Why won't my Samsung AKG headphones work in my Samsung s21 plus mobile, they are the c-type port but when playing music no sound
0 Likes