Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S21 Ultra USB C Headphones not working

(Topic created on: 01-04-2021 02:33 AM)
Kelsaor
Journeyman
Options

Got a new S21 Ultra a few days ago, and I am noticing some odd behaviour with my USB C headset.

The headphones seem to work fine with calls.

With media/apps - Often with the headphone plugged in, the audio comes out the phone's main speaker. Disconnecting the usb c and reconnecting it usually forces the audio to switch to the headset.

However, if I pause video/audio for more than a few seconds or switch apps the audio jumps back to the main speaker.

I do get an android notification saying "USB device not recognised" when it stops working.

38 REPLIES 38
99kingcone
Pathfinder
Options
the Samsung s21 ultra 5g does not have a jack socket to play music, you will have to use Bluetooth, I suggest that you check it out on Samsung tips which is installed on your s21 ultra
0 Likes
Kelsaor
Journeyman
Options

Are you saying wired usb-c headphones wont work with media/apps? I have looked through tips, couldn't find anything relevant.

99kingcone
Pathfinder
Options
check it out on you tube you will get all of the information that you are looking for
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
When you plug the headphones in, pull down the notifications and click on media. Does it show headset? It should look like this.

clipboard_image_1617216364519.jpg

0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Not sure if you don't realise this but USB C headphones exist and they work fine on pretty much every phone with a USB C port, including the S21.

@Kelsaor ignore the comment, it's completely false information. USB C headphones should work for calls and media, pretty much all sound should be directed through them once plugged in.
Kelsaor
Journeyman
Options

@joeeye It does, until I get the USB device not recognised notification, then it says "This phone"

0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I see, do you have any other device to test the headphones on? Also make sure the connection is flush and that it is not loose in any way.
0 Likes
Kelsaor
Journeyman
Options

Tried it on an S10, I don't get the "unrecognised USB notification" nor the audio reverting to main speaker after a pause. It does however switch to main when you switch to a different app. So Im guessing either the headphones or the Samsung USB-c app are the issue. May just bite the bullet and just get some Galaxy buds.

0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Hmm sorry don't quite know what the issue is. I have a pair of USB C headphones from my Note 10+ 5G I believe which seem to work fine on the S21 Ultra.

If you go for the buds Pro, quality wise I think they're great, however comfort wise I think takes getting use to. Good luck on whatever you decide.
0 Likes